Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Dark Apostles are considered subpar, but I'm playing Word Bearers so meh. I also own a Heldrake, but it's painted in EC colours so I'd rather not use it.

Dark Apostle: Melta bombs

9 CSM: Plasma Gun, Combi-Plasma, Rhino

10 CSM: 2 Plasma Guns, Combi-Plasma, Rhino.

10 CSM: CCW instead of bolters, 2 Melta Guns, Combi-Melta, Rhino.

5 Havocs: 4 Autocannons, Combi-bolter.

6 Bikers: 2 Meltaguns, Power Axe.

1000 points on the nose.

1) Is three squads of CSM excessive?
2) Should the melta squad use CCW instead of boltguns?
3) Should the apostle be in the melta squad instead of one of the plasma squads?
4) What other changes would you recommend?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Personally, I'd swap out the meltas on the marines for flamers, leave the bikes for busting tanks. Drop the combi Bolter on the havoc 48" range on A/Cs mean nothing is really going to get near them anywa. Drop melta bombs on the apostle and find some more points by dropping maybe a biker or a marine in the flamer squad (note by dropping it to 9 you can only take 1 flamer and a combi flamer) but then give your apostle a BBoS. That means he can toast a champion and get juicy boon rolls!

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Seems like a good enough list to me.

One alternate option for the Biker squad is to replace the champ's power axe with a combi-melta and melta bombs if you need some extra insurance against armor. Or just the combi-melta, and toss a dirge caster on the CCW/melta marine squad's Rhino to try and deny some overwatch shooting against them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts