Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Here's my 1000 points I love Dreadnoughts they are my favourite model even though they kind of suck now in 6th with hull points I'm still loving them.

Well here's my list.

Dark Angels 1000

HQ: 100
Librarian - Mastery Level 2 - 100

Troops: 278
Tactical Squad - Veteran Sergeant - Combi-Flamer - Flamer - 95
Razorback - Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter - 55

Scout Squad - Sniper Rifle x9 - Heavy Bolter - 128

Elites: 495
Venerable Dreadnought - Assault Cannon - Heavy Flamer - Extra Armour - 165

Heavy Support: 125
Vindicator - 125

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I haven't played a lot of 6th, but what are you going to do about enemy armor? Also what are those flames doing for you if your not gonna drop them? Prob going to die before you see much flaming action. I think some drop pods would help you there. I'm sure somebody can get more technical, but if its a list you enjoy playing, go for it!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Usually I'm the only loser that plays heavy Dreadnoughts... I have lots of lists here dedicated to how many I can throw into a single army. Anyway... let's see here....

What exactly is the point of your list? You have Dreadnoughts with short range weapons and even more short range weapons slowly slogging across the field, you have a single Tac squad with a ton of anti horde and nothing else... You don't even have a weapon on the table that could deal with your own mirror match; Vindicators are not really a viable option, to me. They're very short range, because anything you can kill with that cannon, can kill it from 24"... and it'll be the primary target.

If you really like Dreadnoughts, and want them just to have them, I'd run them in Rifleman Configuration. And probably not Venerable. 125 pts gets you 2 TL-Autocannons... Now you've got an all around good gun, high strength, able to take a chunk out of hordes if needed, pop light tanks, even threaten fliers.

Do you like Forgeworld? Does your local games allow them? With the points you get back from downgrading your Venerables, you could remove the Vindicator and throw a Contemptor Dreadnought into the Heavy Slot, more autocannons, an invul save, a Carapace Launcher, and he showcases with the other dreadnoughts nicely.

As for your troops... um... I'm not sure what the purpose of your Libby or your other units are, except to just be there to get your Dreads on the table, but I'd deffinitely get a few missile launchers instead of Hvy Bolters.

Librarian
ML2

Tac Squad x6
Missile Launcher, Combi-Flamer &MB on Sgt
Razorback w/ Hvy Bolter

Tac Squad x6
Missile Launcher, Combi-Flamer & MB on Sgt
Razorback w/ Hvy Bolter

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought
x2 TLAC, Carapace CML

998 pts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Local GW only has a 1000 point limit and we play on pretty small boards, assault cannons are a great all around weapon as it allows you to penetrate any vehicle and ill think if swapping the vindicator out for a T/Las Pred or Auto/Las Pred. Assault Cannons are my favourite weapons. So I like I like to have plenty of them.

I've found that extra armoured venerables are really good at pushing forward and just wanted some thoughts, ill consider dropping a dreadnought to go two auto/las predators, and two 5/6 man tactical squads in las/plas backs to help with anti armour.

I just can't give up the fist I love Ealing my dreadnoughts in and smacking stuff around getting 3 into one unit is such good fun :)

We don't use forgeworld at my store as we've found that its imbalanced and can make the game uninenjoyable for all.

Cheers :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts