Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've just started a tempestus army and have been playing around with different set ups. in terms of models i have, 30 scions, 2 valkyries and 2 tauroxes waiting to be assembled. I want to know how to build an effective yet fun to play list. i thought that a good basis would be 2 command squads in tauroxes with plasmas and 2, 10 man squads of scions in the valks dropping near the command squads to benefit from orders. I've also heard that scions struggle on their own, so if you think i need allies, i have a whole BA army that could offer some support. I'd firstly like to have a basic 1000 pt list and then work from there.

any help is as always, greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm thinking of starting a tempestra force my self, much smaller though only 300 pts, but I think we can still bounce ideas off each other.

now, to my mind, AP3 is plenty good enough for most cases especially since you can give you squads the sniper rule to get AP2 on 6's, however plasma can still serve as anti tank against everything but land raiders, when combined elimination sanction so you can get some rends that can pen even that.

However with that in mind your command squads orders will be very important making them big targets so melta may not be a good idea on them, as tempting as it is, because you have to get uncomfortably close to use it, but you have two squads so maybe "Target saturation" takes effect, I'm not sure.

I also think Tempestra infantry rock against infantry, but have less options against tanks, so I'd use my vehicles or allies for Anti tank work.

With that in mind, I think a good starting point might be arming the command squads with two hot shot volley guns or plasma guns, a vox each, and med kit. (especially a mid kit if you go for plasma)

secondly: I'd kit my tempestra squads with more volley guns so that when i do give a "Suppression doctrine!" order I have more shots to work with. However if I expected too many vehicles for my flyers to deal with alone I would go with plasma guns.

Thridly: go with an AT load out when you can on your vehicles.

Fourthly: take all this with a grain of salt. I don't know much about tempestra my self I'm floating ideas to get as to throw concepts and ideas at each other so we both can get ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im building a tempestus scions army as well. Havent played it against any one yet though. I am going to run my command squads with a vox, and maybe one volley gun. I figure they will get targeted and killed so I dont want to invest to many points in them.

Scions have short range weapons so however you decide to run them I would always give them a transport of some kind. they can deep strike which is good but permenint once they hit the table.

The model for the Taurox is small in my opinion and should be able to hide behind some cover somewhere.

Im not sure what I would use a Valkery for since scions can already deep strike, the anti tank weapons on a Valkery are not that good either. whats your plan for the Valks?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts