Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am in the process of building a Daemonhunters army and I was just wondering what you think of it so far?
This is the core 1000 points and my big plan is to start inducting IG and eventually create an entire IG army with DH as allies. Any thoughts, comments, or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Friendly Daemonhunters 1000pts

HQ: 264 Points
Grey Knight Hero w/ retinue
Brother Captain
Melta bombs, MCW: (Nem)
Three Terminators
264 Points

Elites: 31 Points
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
Storm Bolter & CC Wep
31 Points

Troops: 496 Points
Grey Knight Squad
Justicar
Melta Bomb, MCW: (Nem)
5 Knights
2X Psycannons
248 Points

Grey Knight Squad
Justicar
Melta Bomb, MCW: (Nem)
5 Knights
2X Psycannons
248 Points

Heavy Support: 210 Points
Grey Knight Dreadnaught
Twin linked Las-Cannon
Missile Launcher
140 Points

Lance Strike
70 Points

It comes out to be 1001 points and as it is casual no one has had any problems with this and I don't foresee it being an issue.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Get a Land Raider over the Dread. Can get your Terms in close where they will devastate most units. GK excel in CC so you want to close with the enemy as quickly as possible and as your army will be small I would opt for getting the Terms in close. As for the Inquisitor, do you need him to bring GK? If not I say you throw him out and boost your GK squad sizes. Otherwise it looks solid.

Goodluck

Alias

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I play Daemon Hunters myself and I can tell you that GK rock in combat. They can outfight even full squads of orks.

What I take in my army is a 10 man squad of GK and give the Justicar artificer armour.
THen I take a Grand Master with a retinue of 6 termis. That is the most devastating squad ever. The termis are 775 pts of raw power.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I agree I also play Daemonhunters and I like to give my justicars some extra items to increase their survivability. And if you put a large enough retinue with your GM then when they deep strike they will commence the complete destruction of the enemy.

I would also drop the inquisitor. The only advantage to them is their ability to create squads which are capable of doing almost anything. they are also the only way to take assassins, but since you don't seem to be using any of these drop the inquisitor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts