Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my blood angels 1000 point list that i want to be competitive-any help would be great and appreciated

chaplain-jump pack-120

Assault squad-veteran wth power weapon and 2 plasma pistols-185

5 man tactical squad-lascannon-135
razorback-twin linked lascannon-80

Assault squad-veteran wth power weapon and 1 plasma pistol-170

devestators-5 man, 2 heavy bolters, 2 plasma cannons-195

4 death company- jump packs-20
2 death company-jump packs-70

i am points under so any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
665 Posts
Its a really good army list but the first mistake is you can't take a 5 man tactical squad and take a heavy weapon, it has to be a full 10 man squad and then broken down into two combat squads. With 5 points extra it would be worth upgrading your chaplin to Lemartes because you'll get an extra wound and you get a death masks. Thats all I can think of for now but other than that its a great list :good:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill change the tactical squad and take a look at lemartes

chaplain-jump pack-120

Assault squad-veteran wth power weapon and 2 plasma pistols-185

5 man tactical squad-plasma gun-125
razorback-twin linked lascannon-80

Assault squad-veteran wth power weapon and 1 plasma pistol-170

devestators-5 man, 2 heavy bolters, 2 plasma cannons-195

4 death company- jump packs-20
3 death company-jump packs-105

the onli reason i wouldnt want to take lemartes is that i dont like taking named characters in anything less than 2000 points

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would get rid of the devs. BA pay extra for heavy weapons so I would suggest attack bikes as they are only __ pt a pop and have 2 wounds and t5.

Also give your Vet. Sgts PF instead of power weapons it will allow them to destroy vehicle, IC and troops with ease. I would drop the razorback and make the tactical squad a 10 man with a ML and plasma gun and split this into combat squads. One with the ML (to sit back) and the other with the Sgt with a PF and the plasma gun to advance and support the assault squads.

Just a few ideas

Goodluck

Alias

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i prefer devs cause they are great for taking out any infantry- although my main worry is anti-tank im screwed if i came up against armoured company -Any suggestions:biggrin:

·
Registered
267 Posts
As an added note, for the same cost you spent on your devs, you can get 2 HB attack bikes and 2 melta attack bikes with t5 and that comes out to 8W and 2+ armor save....thats tough to beat

Goodluck

ALias

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can get 2 HB attack bikes and 2 melta attack bikes with t5 and that comes out to 8W and 2+ armor save....thats tough to beat
ALias
1- 3+, not 2+
2 cheers for the advice this any better

jump pack chaplain-120

assault squad-5 man, 2 plasma pistols,veteran with power sword-185
x2

5 man tactical squad-flamer-120

land speeder tornado-110

3 attack bikes-multimeltas-150

3 free deathcompany-jump packs-20
2 deathcompany-jumpacks-70

i am points under so any suggestions(yes/no for a land speeder?)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Alias is dead on with the A-Bikes, keep them in squads of 1-2 they work best. I run single MM A-Bikes to prevent Last Man Standing test. The LST is nice but not worth the points, you can replace it with a squad of HB A-Bikes, not as killy but more durable IMHO, additionally you save 10pts in the process.

Ditch the flamer in the Tac squads or upgrade it to a differant weapon. They just don't have the maneuverability to make it useful. You could buy these guys a Rhino or just upgrade them to another Regular Assault squad. Its pricey however you might want to get yourself a PF for one of these squads. PF is like insurance, expensive but some day you may need it to get you out of a jam.

BA are hard to run at 1000 pts, but it looks like you have a pretty solid list. Good Luck

·
Registered
267 Posts
You could drop the speeder giving you 150 pts

Add 3 DC with JP
! PF in the Tactical Squad and Assault Squad
Switch the Flamer to a Plasma Gun

That would put you almost on the money in points and supplement your attack power greatly. With the last 5 points you can change from a Chaplain to Lemartes. Get Death mask + 1 W for only 5 points and just name him something else if you want.

Alias

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok

lemartes-125

assualt squad-power fist,5 man,plasma pistol-195
x2

5 man tactical squad-plasma gun-125

2 att bikes-mm-100

2 att bikes-hvy bolters/mm(?)-100

3 free deathcompany-jump packs-15
4 deathcompany-jump packs-140

·
Registered
784 Posts
Looks great, Do three squads of A-Bikes two single MM A-Bikes and a pair w/HBs for hordes. How about getting rid of two of your DC to get another 5 members assigned to that Tac Squad. 5 DC w/Lemartes will still do very well at this points level. Just a thought, I really like it though.

P.S. just advice, run your MM A-Bikes alone, and run your HB A-Bikes in groups.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i took out two Dc i would be tempted to go all out and get another assault squad-may as well as if i dont my army will be sumwhat divided:biggrin:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just think: Death Company are really powerful units and a squad of 7 can take a hell of a lot down, if you reduce it to 5 then it takes off a lot of power.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
7 Death Company with Chaplain Lemartes can take down pretty much any unit in the game by themselves. We're talking 28 WS4 S5 I5 Rending Attacks with rerolls to hit plus Lemartes' attacks as well. It isn't uncommon for units of Death Company to completely destroy their enemies before they get to swing back. I recommend hanging onto your 7.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok another revised list-i had an idea i may as well drop tac marines(losin one death company but 24 rerollable rending hits with lemartes is enogh at 1000 point surely) so i put in a ball pred-this meens if it ever needs to it can keep up with the rest whereas the tacs would be ignored as they could pop a guy or two a turn

lemartes-125

assualt squad-power fist,5 man,plasma pistol-195
x2

2 att bikes-mm-100

2 att bikes-hvy bolters/mm(?)-100

baal predator-heavy bolter sponsons-125

2 free deathcompany-jump packs-10
4 deathcompany-jump packs-140

any better(please tell me if ive f****d it up more)
:)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
i prefer devs cause they are great for taking out any infantry- although my main worry is anti-tank im screwed if i came up against armoured company -Any suggestions:biggrin:
Take the devs, use missile launchers. They are great fer smakkin hordes, and fer blastin waggons. dey cost less too

·
Registered
784 Posts
While your list can dish out a great deal of punishment, it lacks in durablity. BA are hard to play at this point level and we can't afford to take all the fancy upgrades we would like to have. Your model count is low which could cause problems. Try and change your troops around a bit, maybe a full TAC Squad would be nice IMHO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts