Khorne Berzerkers-264
-Skull Champion with power fist
-dedicated rhino

Heavy Support

Obliterators

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
personally, i would drop the Chaos Lord for a sit a home squad of PM, or NM, a small one of either. you really don't need two HQ's at this point level, but if you insist, i would take a second Sorc.

good hunting.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Okay your chaos lord has a jump pack yet no unit to jump around with.. thats a bad idea as he will be picked off quick.

I would exchange him for Kharn the Betrayer who costs the same points and is just.. well hes awesome.. See my avatar for how much I love the guy..

Get rid of a berserker and one of the CSM marines so that you can:

A) Take Extra Armour on both Rhinos and...

B) Fit the chaos sorcerer into the Rhino and attach him to the CSM

I personally would have only one HQ at this points level and swap out the CSM for plague marines and add another Obliterator having two cults of 2.. But then that would be restructuring your entire list and I am sure you dont want that :)

Happy hunting!

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
I would exchange him for Kharn the Betrayer who costs the same points and is just.. well hes awesome.. See my avatar for how much I love the guy..
lol Awesome

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im keeping the 10th CSM cause I need the two melta guns. Just a question. If I do take out one of the CSM's and put the sorcerer in. does that mean I can still keep the two melta guns and anyway im using the sorcerers lash of submission on the CSM's

·
Registered
496 Posts
if you want good melta troops then take Plague marines

they are a little more expencive but they are far more effective as far as survivablity goes

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah thats what i meant about plague marines.. you can get 7 plague marines with 2 meltaguns and i guarantee they will live alot longer than the 10 CSM. Absolutely fantastic unit for holding objectives! :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
trade the lord for kharn, split the oblits into 2 squads.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
But if you're taking a PM sit at home squad, try to squeeze Plasma guns in. The 24" range is WIN, not to mention the fact that as your enemy gets closer the shots double.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HQ:
Kharn The Betrayer-165

Chaos Sorcerer-125
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Lash of Submission

Troops:

Plague Marines-211
-2 Melta Guns
-Plague Champion with plasma pistol

Khorne Berzerkers-264
-dedicated rhino

Heavy Support

Obliterators-150

Obliterators-75

I have put everyones idea in to effect. It is now 990 points. Walah. Now what do you think.

·
4,491 Posts
Drop the Plasma Pistol on the Plague Marines Champion, and give him a Power Fist instead.

Also, give the Khorne Berzerkers Rhino some Extra Armour. You dont want the vehicle to be stunned.

Id consider dropping the Sorcerer and a Berzerker and an Obliterator for a 3rd Troop choice.
Either that, or just drop the Sorcerer and a Berzerker for a couple of extra Obliterators.

·
Registered
941 Posts
change the plasma pistol to a PF, other than that, I like it!:biggrin::eek:k::grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HQ:
Kharn The Betrayer-165

Fast Attack-165
-Sergeant with twin lightning claws
-Melta Gun
-Plasma Pistol

Troops:

Plague Marines-256
-2 Melta Guns
-Plague Champion with Power Fist
-Dedicated Rhino

Khorne Berzerkers-264
-dedicated rhino

Heavy Support

Obliterators-150

1000points

I felt like spicing it up a bit with some raptors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HQ:
Kharn The Betrayer-165

Fast Attack-165
-Sergeant with twin lightning claws
-Melta Gun
-Plasma Pistol

Troops:

Plague Marines-256
-2 Melta Guns
-Plague Champion with Power Fist
-Dedicated Rhino

Khorne Berzerkers-258
-dedicated rhino with ET

Heavy Support

Obliterators-150

·
Registered
941 Posts
on the raptors, trade the plasma pistol and plasma gun for 2 flamers and give the MoK

·
Registered
941 Posts
that's what I ment

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok i am quite new to 40k (well mostly have been away from it for years) and have recently gotten into chaos but unless i understand incorrectly don't you have to have a mark of Nurgle to have plague marines as a troop choice? Similarly, don't you have to have a mark of Khorn to have zergers as troop choice..? From what I have understood from the light reading I have done in the past few days both count as elite choices unless you have some indication of being with nurgle or khorn... Is this information correct or have i misunderstood what I read? :p I've had this issue for a while and finally I have somewhere to ask for clarification :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have read it incorrectly. Both plague marines and khorne berzerkers come with there symbol (khorne and nurgle).

also I'm sorta sick of changing my list around so i'm just gonna stick with this one

1 - 20 of 21 Posts