Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my first attempt at a 1000 point detachment of white scars. Hopefully adding 500 points of either Tau or Space Wolves as an ally once the wallet allows.

HQ: Kor'Sarro Khan with Moondrakkan - 150

Troops:
1) Bike Squad (5 Bikes)
Grav Guns X 2
SGT has Melta Bombs - 140
2) Bike Squad (5 Bikes)
Grav Guns X 2
3) Bike Squad (5 Bikes)
Grav Guns X 2
4) Bike Squad (5 Bikes)
Grav Guns X 2

Fast Attack:
1) Stormtalon Gunship with Typhoon ML - 145
2) Stormtalon Gunship with Typhoon ML - 145

Total - 1000 points

Obviously there are some holes. I brought the Meltas as a last ditch effort in case the Stormtalons cant take out something heavy. I am kind of counting on the low point limit to limit the amount of AV14 and flyers on the board. Use the bike sqauds Grav Guns against high AP opponents utilizing the Relentless and Salvo rules to shoot 6 shots per squad and still having the TL Bolters for low AP guys. Use the Typhoon and TL Autocannons on the flyers for mobs and pinning with the Strafing run rule and use the krak missiles for MCs and high AV. Use my HQ as a supplement since, besides giving the Army scout and outlflank, is not terrific at pretty much anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I really, really like it. Personally I prefer Melta and Plasma to Grav, but it's all good stuff anyway.

Midnight
i would agree usually..but in some cases because the grav guns have concussive its a nice little combo..shoot then assault with bikes gives your bikers that little extra in combat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts