Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am a beginner at warhammer. I am looking for suggestions and constructive criticism on how to best complete my army while keeping it at or under 1000 points. I have 740 points with this current build but this is not set in stone. all of my units are default unless I say otherwise and i would appreciate suggestions on how to equip too.

I currently have:
space marine captain-100
Tactical squad of 9 marines w/flamer and missile launcher+a sergeant-170
Scout squad of 5 w/snipers, 1 missile launcher, and camo cloaks for all-100
terminator squad of 4 w/ 1 cyclone missile launcher and sgt.-230
dreadnaught w/2 sets of linked autocannon and extra armor-140

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
Firstly welome to Heresy.

I would look to get a Rhino/Razorback for the tactical squad so you dont have to footslog to capture an ojective after that the choice is really yours. I love me a command squad with plasma in a rhino at small point games paired with a captain with articifer armour and relic blade they make a good close ranged unit.

Failing that Devastators are great for long ranged support. It really depends on what you want your army to play like.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
do you want to use the models you have now, or are you also asking for future models for future lists aswell?
first im not fan of terminators in 1k list. i would look into some tanks, either vindicators/preds.
defiantly a thunderfire cannon.
assault sqauds or bikes, if you want some speed.

but i would strongly suggest that you proxy lots of game until you know what kind of style you have. then go by models after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts