Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the Tzeentch army I currently run, they do ok but they're not great and I was looking for advice on what to change.

Note: at the moment these are the only WoC models I actually own

Heroes
Lvl 2 Sorcerer, Mark Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Talismsn of Protection, Lore of Tzeentch

Core
24 Chaos Warriors, Full Command, Hand Weapon and Shield, Mark of Tzeentch

20 Marauders, Full Command, Light Armour, Flails

5 Chaos Warhounds

Special
5 Chaos Knights, Full Command

Total: 1000 points

So my play style is quite aggressive, get into combat as soon as possible and hit them as hard as possible. My main problem is horde armies, even at only 1000 points I've come up against armies with over twice my numbers.
Any help would be grand.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Unless you are putting a character in the unit Champions are not worth their points, so I suggest dropping them.

Light Armour saves fewer Marauders than you could buy with the same points so I suggest stripping that off.

With the points saved, I suggest another unit of Hounds which you can use as a cheap drop at deployment and to redirect/flank charge later on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The champions are there to accept challenges more than anything, also as someway to make it up to 1000 points with the available models. Although stripping the light armour from the marauders isn't a bad call as I do have another five hounds that just need painting up.

I am having difficulty deciding what to do with the sorcerer, there's nowhere really to bunker him. Sometimes he chills on his own but he usually hangs out with the warriors until diving out before they charge/are charged.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dammit. Just realised I forgot to add on points for the warriors shields. The marauders have lost their light armour and those points have gone into the shields, which totals at 1004 points. Tarnation...

·
Registered
432 Posts
maybe halve your chaos warrior units aswell, blocks of 12 chaos warriors with 4+ ward saves are quite horrific to deal with, even getting another box to bolster them to 15 strong. As Dave has said, champions are pointless unless you have a character there, how often does your opponent say "yes I'll challenge your unit champion with my unit champion to give you the chance to become a daemon prince" Or a spawn for that matter, which is still stronger than a unit champion, or just increasing the strength of your unit in general. Not often i find. You may also find, in a bigger point game, pumping out 40 marauders with MoK and flails set up in horde mode. 41 attacks at S5 at I4 can devastate anything in its path really (against other hordes anyway - usually 32 attacks against 5 wide units, which is still pretty nasty)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts