Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my first ever army list...ALL CRITICISM WELCOME!!!!! No really, I want you guys to tear this list apart. Thanks, Marremony.

Warphead 85 points

Warphead 85 points

3 x 20 Boyz: Nob, PK, Bosspole, Big Choppa 420 points

2 x Dakkajet: Extra Supa-Shoota 240 points

2 x 3 Kannonz 120 points

Aegis Defense Line 50 points

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Looks like a half decent list I'm guessing the warpheads are aiming at "waaagh" for extra shots for the dakka jets. One question though in the boys squads you list nob with power klaw, boss pole and big choppa? Could you clarify this? From how I can see it is each nob is armed with both power klaw and big choppa is this actually avalible? Or viable?

On to game play what are the boys and what are they up 2 hiding behind the agiestaking pot shotsat stuff while dakka jets reak havoc?

·
Registered
564 Posts
what i would suggest for you to do would be to drop one of your warpheads, one unit of your Kannons this would free up 145pnts, and as Battman pointed out you can't have both a big choppa and a power klaw. so maybe lose one power klaw and the 2 big choppas and that will give you a total 180 points spare to play with. with these points i would look at a unit of 10 lootas (these will take care of a lot lighter armour and a good threat to enemy flyers) and stick them in your defence line with the left over 30 points add 2 big shootas in each unit for that little bit more fire power.

another varaition would be to remove a Dakkajet and put another unit of 20 boyz on the table and attach them to the warphead to give him some protection and just in case he gets a 'ere we go roll (either slugga choppa or shoota, i use slugga boyz as his guard just in case they get telyported into the enemy).
possible lists to think about

Warphead
10 lootas
2x 22 shoota boyz - 2xBS nob bp PK
1x 22 shoota boyz - 2xBS nob bp BC
2x dakkajets extra supa shoota
3 Kannon battery
or
Warphead
10 lootas
2x 22 shoota boyz - 2xBS nob bp PK
22 shoota boyz - 2xBS nob bp BC
20 shoota/slugga choppa boyz (run with the warphead)
dakkajet extra supa shoota
3 Kannon battery

just some other ideas trying to keep with what you are doing

*whoops i left your defense lines out of the two lists*

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad, no PK's were on the nobz in the original list, I messed up. Sorry! Woodzee, I like the sounds of those lists.

·
Registered
564 Posts
sorry Marremony didn't realise that error about the PK just rechecked the math on the calcs and the lists are just over the 1000 mark so just did a quick rehash

warphead
10 lootas
2x 20 boyz with 2x BS and nob BC
1x 20 boyz
2x dakkajet extra supa shoota
Kannon Battery
Ageis Defence line (or drop this for two PK's)

total 995 spare 5 points could stick a BS in with the slugga mob or put an extra crew member or ammo runt with the battery

the second list
Warphead
10x Lootas
2 x 20 boyz 2xBS nob BC
20 boyz 2x BS
19 slugga boyz (go with Warphead)
dakajet extra supa shoota
3x kannon battery
ageis defence line (again you could swap for two PK's)
total 999

i think i might give these a run as well at 1000 points thanks for ideas :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts