Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get more into tournament gaming and I found a 1,000 point tourny next month on Ratings HQ. There will be four rounds throughout the day, three of which have capture the objective based games and one awarding kill points for destroying the enemy HQ. I've come up with a few lists and wanted to get some thoughts on them. Thanks!

List #1 Kill em all

*************** 2 HQ ***************

Kharn the Betrayer
- - - > 165 Points

Daemon Prince
- Wings
- 1 x Warp time
- - - > 155 Points

*************** 3 Standard ***************

5 Khorne Berzerker
+ Upgrade to Skull champion
- Powerfist
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 180 Points

5 Khorne Berzerker
- Powerfist
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 180 Points

5 Khorne Berzerker
- Power Weapon

I usually like to take all powerfists but your HQ choice isn't allowed to ride with your most expensive unit per tournament rules so I took the pw for the point break.

+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 170 Points

*************** 1 Heavy Support ***************

Chaos- Defiler
- Battle Cannon
- DCCW
- DCCW
- - - > 150 Points

Total: 1,000 points

List #2 Kill most of em and take the objectives
*************** 1 HQ ***************

Kharn the Betrayer
- - - > 165 Points

5 Khorne Berzerker
- Personal Icon
- Powerfist
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 185 Points

5 Khorne Berzerker
- Personal Icon
- Powerfist
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 185 Points

5 Khorne Berzerker
- Power Weapon
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 170 Points

11 Lesser Daemons
- - - > 143 Points

Chaos- Defiler
- Battle Cannon
- CCW
- CCW
- - - > 150 Points

Total: 998

List #3
*************** 1 HQ ***************

Kharn the Betrayer
- - - > 165 Points

*************** 1 Elite ***************

5 Chosen Chaos Space Marines
- 2 x Melter
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 145 Points

6 Khorne Berzerker
- Power Weapon
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 191 Points

6 Khorne Berzerker
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 161 Points

7 Khorne Berzerker
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 182 Points

Chaos- Defiler
- Battle Cannon
- CCW
- CCW
- - - > 150 Points

Total : 994

I'm also considering dealing out some plasma pistols to some of the berzerker squads to take care of transports. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
496 Posts
List #1 Kill em all

*************** 2 HQ ***************

Kharn the Betrayer
- - - > 165 Points

Daemon Prince
- Wings
- 1 x Warp time
- - - > 155 Points

5 Khorne Berzerker
- Powerfist
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 180 Points

5 Khorne Berzerker
- Powerfist
+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 180 Points

5 Khorne Berzerker
- Power Weapon

I usually like to take all powerfists but your HQ choice isn't allowed to ride with your most expensive unit per tournament rules so I took the pw for the point break.

+ Chaos-Rhino
- - - > 170 Points

Chaos- Defiler
- Battle Cannon
- DCCW
- DCCW
- - - > 150 Points

Total: 1,000 points
TBH id use this list,but a few things trouble me...
Firstly i would ditch the Defiler then put a MoS and lash on your DP (not that fluffy but an epic combo), then use the last poitns to PF up your last squad (if all your squads cost the same amount which one is the most expencive?) and beef them up a little

Khran and DP both do 2D6 + S to armor and PF's do 8(9)+D6 so i think ud be ok for Armor

not to mention that if you go second a last turn lash could easily win you a game for objectives, and using lash to pull units out of cover and so on for your Zerkers is a good idea

Alturnatly put a MoN on your prince to make him a little more tank

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
actually, i would use list 3, but i would make some changes:

make one squad of 'Zerkers 7 men, and other 8, give both squads PF; Kharne can ride with the smaller squad per the tourney rules you mentioned.

with left over points i'd think about getting a small sit a home squad: 5 CSM with a flamer should be plenty.

i'd drop the Defiler for two Oblits as that single Defiler will be a bullet magnet.

good hunting.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i'd drop the Defiler for two Oblits as that single Defiler will be a bullet magnet.
that was my justifycation for dropping it in list one just FYI :3

·
4,491 Posts
Id just run Kharn and 3 units of Zerkers in Rhino's with EA, and make sure there is a Champ with Power Fist in each unit.

A couple of Obliterators would be effective, but not very fluffy.

·
Registered
941 Posts
use list 3 with the changes inquisitor said, and I actually use a defiler as a bullet magnet, he can draw fire while you tare them apart!:biggrin:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I love defilers but I think the general consensus is probably right in this situation so I'll most likely run 2 obliterators instead. I considered just running Kharn with 3 berzerkers but I think I'll be going with list #3. The thing about the tournament is there's this FOC elimination round where 3 points are awarded for every Force Organization area you completely eliminate, with 3 points being yielded automatically if you don't take anything in a certain force organization area so I'm already going to be 3 points down for my lack of fast attack, and giving up my elites would set me back 6.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah I love defilers but I think the general consensus is probably right in this situation so I'll most likely run 2 obliterators instead.
agreed, I was just saying that one defiler has it's uses!:victory:

·
4,491 Posts
The thing about the tournament is there's this FOC elimination round where 3 points are awarded for every Force Organization area you completely eliminate, with 3 points being yielded automatically if you don't take anything in a certain force organization area so I'm already going to be 3 points down for my lack of fast attack, and giving up my elites would set me back 6.
Sounds kind of gay.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would go with Kharn, two units of 8 Zerks one in a Rhino and one in a Landraider but both with SC + PF, 5 Termies including a Reaper and 2 PF.

Just play the one list

Otherwise make an all round list similar to what you have but I would loose the Defiler for either a LR or Predator and beef up the units even if you have to loose one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts