Dreadnought w/ ML, TL las 145

Heavy:
vindicator siege shield: 120
Devastator squad w/ 2PC, 2 LC, 5 extra men 290

Total: 1000

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Not bad, I'd rather take another dread and a speeder instead of the Dev Squad.

Think about your Vindi... it looks like you're intent here is to sit back and blow the hell out of stuff till it gets near you... The Vindi is, IMO, too easily marginalized... Now if you were writing a "come forward and hit them" sort of list, I could see a place for it.. but it seems a bit out of place here.

Also, I hates me a Tunderfire Cannon, so it would have to go... YMMV

·
Registered
221 Posts
Why the extra men for the devastators? If you’re adding the extra men for ablative wounds that probably ok, but you might want to think about freeing up the 30ish points to put the squad at full strength so you can combat squad them putting the LC in one group and the PC in the other, otherwise drop the extra men for maybe a rhino for your tact squad.

And is the HB for the scouts for flavor/fun or are you trying to be serious? Because a missile launcher is hands down the best low cost heavy weapon sm’s have, it’s a lot more flexible than a HB cause you can use it against vehicles or use it for instant killing some multi wound elites, and it’s blast makes it good against hoards, and most of the time you’ll be able to hit at least two guys with the blast(more if your opponent is carless.)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took out the thunderfire cannon and added more scouts. I added two to the devastators for combat squad sakes and also put in melta bombs on tac sergeant. The vindicator is there to go directly at the enemy from one side. Hopefully the front armour can absorb some hits. The goal is to take out its strongest item with the vindicator and also to move enemy troops to that side. It also will stall them for a turn as they have to deal with it. The MotF will be on the other side, pushing the enemy further away and increasing his power.

As for the scouts, they are using the HB because a scout heavy bolter can fire the hellfire shell with is a blast that wounds on 2+, much better then the frag rocket blast.

·
Registered
220 Posts
id worry about the fact that the vindicator has only one shot per turn and you have only one vindicator for shooting. i think the effectiveness percentage of that tactic is low when your opponent can sometimes walk those 'targets' out of sight and make the tank run. If you had two vindis you could work on setups for the intended targets, but otherwise seems a bit of a shot in the dark, or late-dusk. GG!

Can't hurt to play though!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I played once today with it and won. I was playing objectives and used the vindicator to smash through his troops before dieing. Its not the greatest tactic ever and i'll admit that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts