HQ
Captain - Power Weapon, Melta Bombs
Command Squad -PF
Razorback

Troops
10 man Tactical squad ML, flamer, serg w/melta bombs
10 man Tactical squad,Lascannon, melta gun Serg w/2 CCW
Rhino
(should i combat squad and which sqaud should the rhino transport?)

Scout squad -snipers with camo cloaks, heavy bolter

Elites
Dreadnought -assault cannon, heavy flamer upgrade

Heavy Support
Predator - Auto cannon, heavy bolter sponsons

Thought?
How would this do against eldar w/fortuned seer council, 2x DA, guardians, 2xwave serpants, fire dragons, war walker?

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you combat squad the rhino Tac Squad I would leave in the Sarge and the Melta, and have four regular guys and the LC footslog it.

That's just my opinion though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It looks pretty good. You will struggle with armor though. I now with my CSM i have 2 vindis, and my SM razorbacks and thunderfire cannons.

Maybe drop the command squad and upgrade the pred to Auto/las and get razors for your squads

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
HQ
Captain - Power Weapon, Melta Bombs
Not bad, cheap and effective; looks good in my book. Maybe consider the lightning claw, if you feel like sacrificing an attack for some re-rolls; power weapons and single lightning claw cost the same, so all good either way.

Command Squad -PF
Razorback
Not a bad choice by any means, another cheap and effective unit that can act as a shield to both the captain and powerfist toting marine. Normally I would suggest dropping this in favour of something else, but in this case if you can fit in a meltagun that wouldn't be so bad.

Troops
10 man Tactical squad ML, flamer, serg w/melta bombs
I would very much advise getting this squad a transport as well as a power weapon on the sergeant if you are intent on taking the flamer. You have a short range weapon in the squad, so chances are you will either be doing some charging or getting charged. And regardless of which, a few attacks that deny saves are better than none at all given the lower overall number of attacks marines have.

10 man Tactical squad,Lascannon, melta gun Serg w/2 CCW
Rhino
(should i combat squad and which sqaud should the rhino transport?)
Combat squadding is, in my experience, situational depending on a number of things such as mission, deployment, if your opponent is deploying first, what kind of enemy your facing. You might be more inclined to leave the heavy weapon half of the squad back in an objective grabbing mission and keep them together in a kill point one for example.

That being said, I'd suggest getting this sergeant a powerfist, maybe even consider losing the lascannon for some points to use elsewhere? Otherwise, looks fine.

Scout squad -snipers with camo cloaks, heavy bolter
I personally love this setup, though do give the missile launcher a thought if only to help boost your armour busting abilities.

Elites
Dreadnought -assault cannon, heavy flamer upgrade
For this guy, I would actually suggest the plasmacannon over the assault cannon. Yeah it doesn't have four shots, but it does have greater range, higher strength, lower AP, and is a blast. I'd also advise dropping the heavy flamer upgrade as well; unless arriving via drop pod you will more likely be in range to use the storm bolter. If you do decide to use the storm bolter though, then I'd suggest sticking to the multi-melta. Fast delivery system allowing you to get it in close to a target, that practically screams melta weapon.

Heavy Support
Predator - Auto cannon, heavy bolter sponsons
Gonna echo Marshal Ragnar here on the autocannon/lascannon pred; even at 1k it will help to give your list some more powerful long range punch.

Real thing is to figure out how to get points so that you can even consider any of the above, since if I added right your current list comes to 1005. (Suggest dropping the captain's meltabombs to fix that)

Maybe thing about dropping the scout squad along with the heavy flamer, should give you just enough points to purchase a rhino for the second tactical squad, lascannon sponsons for the predator, and a powerfist and power weapon for the tactical squads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts