Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, to start.
I'm a kind of guy who can't go a couple of days without thinking of a Marine army at a Tourny.
Ever since I started playing I've always dreamt of going to a Tourny and not winning but meeting some fellow hobbyists over the table.
I hate people who play Razorspam and dual Raiders, as well as being completely made to win, they are against the fluff of Marines (I love my Background.)
So I decided to make a Marine army were every Marine squad had a name and they would follow a strict Fluff backstory of my Chapter.

Here goes

HQ
Captain Lucifer Virtus
Relic Blade
Artificer Armour: 145

Troops
Tactical Squad Alpha
Meltagun
Missile Launcher
Power Fist
Combi-Flamer
Rhino: 245

Tactical Squad Beta
Meltagun
Missile Launcher
Power Fist
Combi-Flamer
Rhino: 245

Elites
Sternguard Squad Charlie
Combi-Melta
Power Fist
Razorback with Twin-Linked Lascannon: 230

Dreadnought Caesar
Twin-Linked Lascannon: 135

How's that. I'm looking for a pretty competitive army without going the Razorspam or Dual Raider route, and definately not Vulkan.

·
Registered
314 Posts
TLLC on a dread is to expensive to be good, if you want him to footslog then give him 2x TLAC and watch him annihilate Rhinos. Las-plas is better than TLLC on RBs and costs the same. Lose the fist on the vets for some more combi melts. Try to gewt your captain a bike if you can, at 1000 he can go solo hiding behind your rhinos and kill squads of opportunity. Good hunting.

·
Registered
344 Posts
gaaah, must resist urge to offer defense of powergamers....

anyway advice to you drop the powerfists, relic blade and lascannon on the dread, also switch to a rhino for the sternguard shooting combi weapons out the top is invaluable. Switch the captain over to a libby.

That saves you an estimated 165 points, I would recommend another sternguard squad in rhino with a combi flamer, then drop the combi weapons off either one or two of the tac squads to buy a combi weapon on your sternguard.

If you get Meltaguns on your sternguard then you have enough close range melta to switch to MM on the TAc squads for area denial and then flamersas opposed to meltaguns which saves enough points to buy back a combi flamer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts