Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ-super expensive but ive had him devestate people and especially harecters and other buffed up HQs
245-Chaos Sorcerer Warptime, Gift of Chaos, Bolt of change, Mark of Tzeentch, Familar, Bike
Elites
100-Dread DDCWx2
100-Dread DDCWx2
Troops
160-7 CSM Champ w/pf and TL bolter(extra 5 points) Plasmagun (sits at home and shoots)
125-5 plague marines meltagun
120-5 plague marines flamer
Heavy support
75-obliterator
75-obliterator

idea is dreads go up fast on one flank(far away from me lol), plague flamer and sorcer go up center(not attached), and melta gun plague go up other flank. oblits and csm squad sit back and watch the fireworks, marines support oblits in assault and shoot 24", oblits go pew pew. tell me what you think

·
Registered
380 Posts
Your HQ is way too expensive. You might think hes good right now because you've been lucky; but any str8 weapon will insta-kill him. You could get 2 daemon princes on foot with the mark of khorne for the same points as your HQ and the 2 daemon princes would do better.

Daemon Prince
Mark of Tzeentch
Warptime
Wind of Chaos
Wings
205pts

Brings a lot of death

or...

Daemon Prince
Mark of Tzeentch
Doombolt
Wings
165pts

Still fairly killy and a lot cheaper.

I'd also be concerned with only having 17 bodies in your troop count. In 1000pts i usually bring 30 marines with a powerfist, 2 special weapons and a rhino; 20 marines minimum. I would consider dropping one drednaught for more marines and the points left over from downgrading your HQ would also get you more marines and get rhinos as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts