Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this is my first army (I am still very new to warhammer and have only played 2 games so all help is a appreciated) and i need help as to what i should buy to get to 1000 points and what i should change/keep.

TROOPS

2x 12 Necron Warriors - 312 Points
5 Immortals (3x gauss, 2x tesla) - 85 Points

HQ

Overlord in a Command Barge with:
Gauntlet of the conflagrator
Warscythe
Resurrection orb
TOTAL : 210 points

FAST ATTACK

3 Tomb Blades (1x particle beamer, 1x Gauss, 1x Tesla)
Shadowlooms
Nebuloscope
Shieldvanes
TOTAL : 71 points

VEHICLES

Doomscythe - 160

TOTAL: 838 pts

What should i get to push towards 1000 points?
What should i change?

Here are the armies that my two friends will be using against me:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313132-1000-points-very-new-need-help/
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313137-1000pts-khorne-daemonkin-army-list-review/

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Welcome to Heresy!

While I refresh my memory on the new rules for your various wargear selections, how about ya get rid of all that itemized points cost? Only post totals :eek:k:

EDIT: ok, so after doing some light reading (haven't played them much since the new Codex came out) I've come up with some observations on your list.

5 Immortals (3x gauss, 2x tesla)
This unit isn't legal in the strictest sense. The weapon option reads 'the whole squad may replace' not 'any model may replace', like what you see with the Tomb Blades. I like Gauss, but Tesla is a lot of fun. Ultimately I have models for both but in the beginning there was only Gauss for me.

Overlord in a Command Barge with:
Gauntlet of the conflagrator
Warscythe
Resurrection orb
TOTAL : 210 points
Why the ResOrb when he's on a barge and not in a unit? I also think that's a lot of points for a one use weapon even if it's the bee's knees of flamers. I live for flame templates and it's hard to find those 'perfect' moments where you get everything you need from it...and that's with templates in almost every squad of my BA army.

Aside from that I really never play the Doom Scythe when I can use it as a Night Scythe and transport some troops into combat. The death ray becoming blast might just change that though...

You should tell your friends to post up some of their lists here, there's some quite qualified help around. Plenty of solid advice for up and coming gamers like yourselves :drinks:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude, that was really helpful!

The doom scythe is kind of a must for me seeing as i am on a tight budget and i have already purchased it. I will change to Gauss immortals and have a look at reducing the point cost of the barge, many thanks!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The doom scythe is kind of a must for me seeing as i am on a tight budget and i have already purchased it.
I just didn't glue the gun in place on the bottom of mine, the options just pop on and off quite nicely (unless you glued it of course). Do you have the option of taking the gun part off and replacing it with the teleporter if you wanted to try play-testing some things? I mean ultimately in a friendly game I doubt anyone would care if you proxied it, but I know some people quite prefer WYSIWYG on their models. Not that I don't like the Doom Scythe going on in your list, I just think that you might one day enjoy the option of flying in a bunch of Immortals/Warriors maybe with attached Cryptek up in support of your fast moving Blades and Barge. That's 23" deployment is just awesome.

As far as moving up in points, I'd flesh out that Immortal squad and maybe add another Tomb Blade points permitting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts