Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thousand points I put together that I'll be playing against Tau. Lemme know what works, and what doesn't. :victory:

Daemon Prince
Wings
MoN
Warptime

8 Khorne Beserkers
incl. Skull Champ w/PF
Rhino w/EA

7 Khorne Beserkers
incl. Skull Champ w/PF
Rhino w/EA

5 Chosen
5 Meltaguns
Rhino

1 Obliterator

1 Obliterator

Total

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
solid as is, though it would be tempting to turn the Chosen into more Oblits for the sake of having more "on the board" anti-tank so you can bust his tanks and get to his squishy Tau inside.

good hunting.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You make a good point Mal...but I figure...I've only got 3 Oblit models right now...and if I outflank those Chosen, I have more of a chance at getting some back armor. Plus...5 Chosen with Meltaguns rarely do me wrong. :grin:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
ugh... I'm completely lost as to how chaos beats tau... a tau player can still have

-2 hammerheads with railguns and some Broadsides..

in a 1000 point list...

meaning you can't really do alot :\ So.. idk

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
You make a good point Mal...but I figure...I've only got 3 Oblit models right now...and if I outflank those Chosen, I have more of a chance at getting some back armor. Plus...5 Chosen with Meltaguns rarely do me wrong. :grin:
Absolutely. And I said it was a tempting change, not necessary and only because your meltas may not arrive when you really need them.

good hunting.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ugh... I'm completely lost as to how chaos beats tau... a tau player can still have

-2 hammerheads with railguns and some Broadsides..

in a 1000 point list...

meaning you can't really do alot : So.. idk
Yeah, tell me about it. I drew to a guy playing in his first match against me...and I seemed to be doing everything right...he just has the ability to move 24 inches on his last turn to contest objectives!!! :mad:

This is why I only play friendly games against him...I feel like it's a lost cause. haha!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cant the railguns easily insta-kill obliterators? Cause my friend plays tau and Im using a 1k list also so I cant decide what to bring for heavy support.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Railguns can insta-kill most things -.- SOOOO Overpowered!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah smokin...they can. And DID. I had 2 in my 1k list...luckily my opponent had some misses, so he only killed one of them. But yeah...it's pretty disgusting! :mad:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Tau can be easy to kill. I have only ever lost agianst Tau once.....out of over 20 games. You storm along as full tilt and combat them face to face. Obliterators should deep strike in with the help of Icon, blast a Hammerhead open. Job done. They got there points back and they can keep shooting if they live. Obliterators are in my opion 1 tunr killers. In the 3 games i have played they did the following;

1st game - Exploded a Landraider(265pts), Killed 1 SS Termintor in combat when assualted(40pts) - Total 305pts....twice there cost.
2nd game - Killed 4 Khrone Beserkers and almoist killed Kharn
3rd Game - Killed that Dark Angels guy in Landraider(200pts), Poped a Dreadnought(105pts) and killed a Sergent with powersword on bike and Apothacary on bike(30/50pts) - Total 385pts!!!!

They are always worth it.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Obliterators do own, but still F13 with railguns + solid shot... It's horrible to play against, and only like 250 points. :|

·
Registered
941 Posts
looks good, crack the shell and get the squishy meat inside!:victory:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts