Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first time constructing a 40k Army. I've decided to play Eldar, because of how they play.
Anyway.. This is the army list i have so far. It's 1041 points. Any help getting that to 1000 would be apprechiated. (Or any advice!)

Farseer
Runes Of witnessing
Spirit Stones
Doom
Guide
TOTAL: 130
(Do i need runes of witnessing? nobody seems to have it in their list, how often does a farseer fail a psycic test?)

Fire Dragons (5) inc exarch -
(Should i leave the exarch with his normal gun, or upgrade to a firepike
(fire dragons will be placed inside falcon)
TOTAL: 92

Rangers (5)
Upgrade to Pathfinders
TOTAL: 120

Wave Serpent
Scatter Lasers
Spirit Stones
TOTAL: 125

Dire Avengers (10) inc exarch
Blade Storm
Dire Sword and Pistol
(Dire Avengers will be placed inside wave serpent)
TOTAL: 182

Dark Reapers (5) inc exarch
Tempest Lancher
Crank Shot
TOTAL: 217

Falcon
Scatter Lazers
Holofield
Spirit Stones
TOTAL: 175

----------------------------------------------------------

The Farseer will be attached to the Dire Avengers squad, and both placed in the wave serpent, To achieve a quick unload, Guide > Doom > Bladestorm combo.
Both the Dark Reapers and Rangers will try to get to high positions, for maximum visibility.
The Falcon loaded with Fire Dragons will go around picking off whatever it can.

---------------------------------------------------------

Any information or help you can provide me with would be great.. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This list has pretty good potential,

Runes of witnessing aren't all that useful in my opinion it actually increases your chance of getting a perils of the warp since your rolling an extra die, however it improves your chance of getting the power off. I think that the farseer has high enough ld to reliably cast without them.

As far as the fire dragons I would drop the exarch, his gun is roughly the same as the rest of the dragons and offers no full squad powers so the squad can be just as effective without him.

You can also save some point by swapping the sword on the avengers for dual catapults since ideally your avengers shouldn't be getting into combat.

The last thing I would do is drop the SL on the WS down to SC, at the 1000pts level you can do some serious damage with the avengers alone so you don't really need guns on the WS at this point, plus you need to drop points.

With those changes it should put you at 999pts roughly (if my math is correct)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tigirus pretty much said everything i was going too. I would go with what he says the fd exarch isnt worth it. Witnessing also isnt really that important either if anything warding are the runes of choice. Dire sword wont do much seeing as how that is only really useful when you are in combat with something really scary, which is where your da do not want to be.

And something for when you bump up your point limit is that you might want to take those fd out of the falcon, because while i love both fire dragons and falcons they kinda dont love eachother. Fire dragons need to be close and have a fast moving transport. Falcons like to sit back move alittle and shoot their big guns at scary stuff. So in one turn either one is working or the other is, either you are moving slow and not catching stuff to have your falcon shooting or you are delivering fire dragons and are moving to fast to shoot. I do know alot of people though who like the falcon + fd combo so jsut play test it and see what you like.

Oh and good job for joining the eldar! we are pretty badass

·
Registered
249 Posts
Okay!
I agree with the above posters about dropping the fire dragon exarch and runes of witnessing.

Your DA squad looks overcosted to me. That same combo with dual shuriken catapults on the exarch costs 152, and I'd recommend switching to that.

With those alterations, you've got ten points to spend, and I would even contradict your first poster and say: put a nose-mounted shuriken cannon on your wave serpent. Once you slow down your WS (which you will, mid and late game), the extra shots are useful. YMMV; test it out and see.

The other thing I might do is drop your whole Dark Reaper squad and get two Fire Prisms instead (they cost slightly more than your reaper squad, but you can make the points back by not buying that underslung shuricannon and finding 5 points somewhere else - your exarch's twin catapults, perhaps).
I realise this is a list you already have, not the one you're planning, but you might want to think about the prism list and try it out (using rhinos as prisms, or whatever). I respect Dark Reapers, but prefer Prisms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts