Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 1000 point eldar army list. i'm quite new to miniature gaming so i'm not up with all of the abbreviations. I beat my friend's 1000 point space marine army with it and his list was pretty good. please comment on what i could do better. this is from the eldar 4th edition codex which as far as i know is the latest official codex.

HQ----2

Farseer_55pts
Runes of warding_15pts
Runes of Witnessing_10pts
Spirit Stones_20pts
Doom_25pts
Fortune_30pts
Guide_20pts
Mind war_20pts

TROOPS----2

Dire Avengers x10 (one is exarch)_132pts
Diresword and shuri pistol (exarch)_10pts
Bladestorm_15pts

Pathfinders x5_120pts

FAST ATTACK----1

Swooping Hawks x6 (one is exarch)_138pts
Sunrifle (exarch)_15pts
skyleap_15pts

HEAVY SUPPORT----1

Fire Prism_115pts
shuri cannon_10pts
vectored engines_20pts
star engines_15pts
holo-fields_35pts
spirit stones_10pts

(TOTAL POINTS=1000 POINTS)

skyleap goes well against his dreadnought when it comes it for close combat (not that it got a chance, fireprism took it out 1st turn)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's my 1000 point eldar army list. i'm quite new to miniature gaming so i'm not up with all of the abbreviations. I beat my friend's 1000 point space marine army with it and his list was pretty good. please comment on what i could do better. this is from the eldar 4th edition codex which as far as i know is the latest official codex.

HQ----2

Farseer_55pts
Runes of warding_15pts
Runes of Witnessing_10pts
Spirit Stones_20pts
Doom_25pts
Fortune_30pts
Guide_20pts
Mind war_20pts
I would say pick two powers you will use most the most and drop the rest

TROOPS----2

Dire Avengers x10 (one is exarch)_132pts
Diresword and shuri pistol (exarch)_10pts
Bladestorm_15pts
If your looking to get these guys into assault you might want to add defend.

Pathfinders x5_120pts

FAST ATTACK----1

Swooping Hawks x6 (one is exarch)_138pts
Sunrifle (exarch)_15pts
skyleap_15pts

HEAVY SUPPORT----1

Fire Prism_115pts
shuri cannon_10pts
vectored engines_20pts
star engines_15pts
holo-fields_35pts
spirit stones_10pts

I would drop all of these upgrades. For 25 points more you can get a second Fire Prism.

(TOTAL POINTS=1000 POINTS)

skyleap goes well against his dreadnought when it comes it for close combat (not that it got a chance, fireprism took it out 1st turn)
You have alot of point going toward upgrades you most likely won't use.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
As a notice the moderators for this site do not posters putting itemized points costs so try to avoid this in future.

Secondly drop at least 1 farseer power. Next get rid of the swooping hawks and fire prism and invest in six fire dragons with exarch with firepike and tank hunters skill in a falcon armed with scatter laser, spirit stones and a holo-field. That frees some more points to be spent where you wish.

·
Registered
57 Posts
More units than upgrades usually fits the bill, If you are looking for a cheap way to be competitive changing ur farseer to eldrad, and having the avatar is usually a good start hawks are not good on marines, good on orks and guard,

Hq usually determines how your army will play, having an avatar usually means you would have alot of foot slog to benefit from his fearless bubble,

autarch you will use his reserve roll, having 2 autarchs is great for keeping your army in reserve then bring them in on 2+ guaranteeing you start first,

farseers, usually use doom alot with conjunction with banshees + path finders + general units or fortune an uber unit, like a big squad of harlequinns or seer council

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made a few changes. i got rid of the swooping hawks and replaced with warp spiders. i will get round to buying autarchs and falcons when i start working again (btw i am only 14).
here are the changes:

HQ----2

Farseer
Runes of warding
Runes of Witnessing
Spirit Stones
Doom
Fortune
Guide
Mind war

195pts

155pts

TROOPS----2

Dire Avengers x10 (one is exarch)
Diresword and shuri pistol
Bladestorm

157pts

Pathfinders x5

120pts

FAST ATTACK----1

Warp Spiders x5 (one is Exarch)
Extra DS
Powerblades
Surprise assault and withdraw

162pts

HEAVY SUPPORT----1

Fire Prism
shuri cannon
vectored engines
star engines
holo-fields
spirit stones

205pts

(TOTAL POINTS=994 POINTS)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Visit My iyanden project log: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?p=712826#post712826

I got rid of Surprise Assault

I made a few changes. i got rid of the swooping hawks and replaced with warp spiders. i will get round to buying autarchs and falcons when i start working again (btw i am only 14).
here are the changes:

HQ----2

Farseer
Runes of warding
Runes of Witnessing
Spirit Stones
Doom
Fortune
Guide
Mind war

195pts

155pts

TROOPS----2

Bladestorm

157pts

Pathfinders x5

120pts

FAST ATTACK----1

Extra DS
Powerblades
Withdraw

162pts

HEAVY SUPPORT----1

Fire Prism
shuri cannon
vectored engines
star engines
holo-fields
spirit stones

205pts

(TOTAL POINTS=984 POINTS)

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey,
although i like the rejig of the list overall, i would say that you're spending a tad too much on upgrades where they're not needed.
may i suggest removing some of the powers from your Farseer and all but holo-fields from the Fire Prism; doing so will enable you to buy a 100point Wave Serpent to put your Dire Avengers and Farseer in.

best of luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking of getting a wave serpent soon. but like i said before i have to wait till i get a job again. but thanks, thats a good idea

·
Registered
57 Posts
Proxy stuff, thats the easiest thing to do if you dont have the money that way you get to try stuff out before you buy it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Farseer
Runes of warding
Runes of Witnessing
Spirit Stones
Doom
Fortune
Guide
Mind war

195pts

like others have sed having two powers is much better points efficiency since you can only use two a turn you might as well use the same ones. other than that good unit but only if used well, he can be instant killed easy so i always attach him to a squad. also i wouldn't recoment ROward (runes of warding) against marines since they don't rly have that much magicy stuff.

155pts

a strong unit, but only does well if he can get to the enemy. depends on your play style on weather or not hes worth the points.
TROOPS----2

Bladestorm

157pts

i wouldn't normally advise using a diresword since its only really useful against models with multiple wounds which DA's (dire avengers) don't do well against.

Pathfinders x5

120pts

FAST ATTACK----1

Extra DS
Powerblades
Withdraw

162pts
again the powerblades can sometimes be a point sink since your trying to avoid getting warp spiders in combat as much as possible. and your going to be withdrawing if you do get stuck so it probs won't get used for more than one turn.

HEAVY SUPPORT----1

Fire Prism
shuri cannon
vectored engines
star engines
holo-fields
spirit stones

205pts

i would remove these upgrades apart from holo fields (cos they are awsome) but the other won't rly come in use very often. the long range means it can normally shoot from anywhere on the board and you always want to be shooting so only moving 6" means vectored engines won't be used. shuri cannon is short range and normally you want be back out of the way firing long range so won't always get to be fired ect.

without the farseer powers and the fire prism upgrades you can probly afford a wave serpent or another fire prism. or another squad of something if you want?

(TOTAL POINTS=984 POINTS)

hope it helps :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@demonprince9000

thanks that all sounds really good, i'll try that. i'm getting a wave serpent in a couple of weeks i think so that should be good to carry my DA

·
Registered
384 Posts
I wouldnt stretch taking a single warp spider squad, If you take em take 2 squads. Try to throw your avengers in a serpent. And don't over spend points on single units as you did with your seer and prism. good luck!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I wouldnt stretch taking a single warp spider squad, If you take em take 2 squads. Try to throw your avengers in a serpent. And don't over spend points on single units as you did with your seer and prism. good luck!
i disagree about the spiders, if you use two squads then when they warp you have two chances to kill a spider instead of 1 plus who cares if they overkill squads in a big unit? its not as though they have trouble getting in range

1 - 16 of 16 Posts