Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some demons for my Chaos Space Marine Army and was wondering what else I would need to build a competetive 1500 point Demon Army. Here is my 1000 point:

HQ Bloodthirster
TR Blootletters x 5
TR Blootletters x 5
TR Plaguebearers x 5
TR Plaguebearers x 5
HS Soul Grinder
HS Demon Prince
HS Demon Prince

Unfortunately I left my list at home so I don't have the point costs and upgrades. I know I didn't take a lot of upgrades because I wanted to have a lot of models on the table.

What models should I add? I was thinging about bloodcrushers (I like the models and they can also act as heralds). Possibly more Bloodletters and Plaguebearers. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the upgrades:

HQ Bloodthirster w/ unholy might
TR Blootletters x 5
TR Blootletters x 5
TR Plaguebearers x 5 w/ noxious touch
TR Plaguebearers x 5 w/ noxious touch
HS Soul Grinder
HS Demon Prince w/ iron hide and unholy might
HS Demon Prince w/ breath of chaos and mark of tzeentch

Should I drop a prince to get more upgrades? I like having a lot of big stuff on the table in a small game.

·
Registered
320 Posts
bunch up the two units of bloodletters. 5 letters usually get wiped out pretty easily. I would also drop the noxious touch from the plague bearers.not sure how many points you are left over but you might be able to upgrade the soulgrinder with phlegm

·
Registered
388 Posts
I emphatically agree with everything Angel said, but here's some additional tips.

Mark of Tzeentch is kind of expensive for what you get for it by itself. I generally only take it if I also want to make a super shooty daemon prince. I'd also give the other one a ranged attack of some kind. After all, they have the highest BS of anything in your army other than a Lord of Change, it's kind of a shame to let that go to waste. I'm thinking a pair of princes with Iron Hide and Daemonic Gaze would make nice econo-Princes.

And if you can work it in, see if you can give the Plaguebearers an icon. If you just can't fit the points it's ok, but Plaguebearers are extremely good for that.

Or, if you can fit this in as well, give the Soul Grinder both Phlegm and Tongue. Phlegm is the more useful of the two, but Tongue is easily the best anti-vehicle shot Daemons have.

If you can only afford one of those things though, go with Phlegm on the SG.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmmmmm,

You want to field lots of models, but also like to field lots of large units?

I can't say both are possible O.O

In my 500 point army I'm fielding a total of 26 units (no heavy support, but Horror with Bolt should be fine with it).

My suggestion is to drop a Prince, and maybe field an additional unit of something (perhaps Horrors or more Bloodletters).

Plaguebearers are a good choice, not too sure on the HQ, seems pricey for a 1k match, maybe consider a single Herald?

Just my thoughts,

Jiki.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts