Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Deathwing are certainly alot of fun. And I wonder how many people actually have an effective way to deal with them.
Another thing I think I'm getting used to to is how tough each individual is.

Desperately trying to not get over-reliant on Landraiders though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think people have begun to develop better ways of dealing with DW now that those dirty rotten space puppies can make all termy armies. I've got a small DW force of my own and I generally only like to run it paired with RW in higher point value games, that's when the DW really shine. It sounds like you did a nice job with your game against the BA though and major kudos for drawing the newest, shiniest marine dex with your 4th edition DA!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeh, I really want to play a Space wolves army using the knowledge I've accumilated so far.

My only worry would be JOTWW or whatever it's called. I feel that a full on DW assault would be needed if one was present, and try and neutralise it with the landraiders.

But we'll see, you can get alot of lists out of the SW codex, all of which are very different.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i dont think that would be the worst of it Jotww is ok, but 50/50 vs termies, your biggest worry would be the assault phase, they'd hit you at initiative and wipe you quick, i did it to a DW army at ard'boyz, thunderwolves, and wolf guard etc...
dw is fun to play tho i have an all termie-dread list, pretty fun

21 - 24 of 24 Posts