Heavy support
Dreadnought multimelta, close combat weapon and storm bolter 105

Total 975
Is this an ok force for conflict?
How should I use them tactical wise?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I mean no offense when I say this but I think your list would benefit more from using the Vanilla Space Marine codex then the Blood Angel one. As in a Blood angel list I never really see the point for using Captains, definitely not two. Whereas if you switched to the Vanilla Marines codex you could take everything you have in this list and upgrade your Captains to Chapter masters and get orbital bombardment. But now that i think about it you really don't need two in a Vanilla dex either. Is there a reason for taking two?

If you really don't have a reason I would drop one and then give your tactical squads rhinos and power weapons. Also what do you plan on doing with your Terminator squad and Dread? Like I'm all for the Multi-melta dread but I think your army is in need of a little more range. Have you ever thought of dropping one of them for a predator?

I know most of my suggestions are if you use the Vanilla Marine dex. But if you want to play this type of army with Blood angels I think it is absolutely possible. Here is a great article about playing a more shooty type of Blood angel list. That could probably help you more then I could with your list.

Well hope this helps!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are honestly the only models I have. The tac sqauds, termies, dred and one capt are from the Aobr and maccrage boxes the second capt was the commander box with some bitz I got free with the scout snipers on the BA release day. I probably would play this list vanilla, but I only have the BA codex. But thanks for tips.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Oh ok gotcha, well you gotta work with what you got. Tactical wise I would probably put the captains with the tactical squads advancing them up behind the Terminators (spread 2" apart from each other) giving the unit(s) behind a cover save while also being able to shoot their storm bolters. Put the scouts in cover and try and snipe infantry units. And use you Melta dread to try and take out whatever tanks they have while staying alive himself. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
361 Posts
A little work with an x-acto knife and a file could turn any chainsword into a power sword.

A bit of blue paint and a shoulder pad to psy hood conversion could turn that second Captain into a Librarian. Then you could use the hand flamer nozzle to turn the Dreadnoughts Storm Bolter into a Heavy Flamer.

So Captain to Librarian saves you 25 points and combined with the 25 you already had on hand you can give both Sergeants power swords and Melta Bombs with enough points left over to turn the DN's storm bolter into the HF.

Now you give the Librarian Shield and Sword of Sanguinius. Mobile 5+ cover save and a S10 CC monster. Win-win.:good:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seth certainly wouldn't hurt the list, he could replace the captain if you can do some gear juggling. I personally like Seth, but I've read that he's not exactly the most competitive choice when it comes to lists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts