Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a fresh start at DE. Small army I'm putting together.

Archon
-Shadow Field
-Soul Trap
-Husk Blade
-Combat Drugs
= 145

5 Kabalite Warriors
-Blaster
-Venom w/ Night Shields and Splinter Cannon
= 135

5 Kabalite Warriors
-Blaster
= 135

5 Kabalite Warriors
-Blaster
= 135

9 Kabalite Warriors
-Blaster
-Raider w/ Night Shields
= 166

Ravager
- Night Shields
= 115

Razorwing Jetfighter
-Night Shields
-Splinter Cannon
= 165

total = 996

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct, Sir!

The only reason I am running such an Archon (I am aware a Haemonculi would be more points efficient and give some handy bonuses) is because I felt I needed at least a little combat muscle.

·
Registered
813 Posts
True. Besides, Huskblade/Soul Trap Archons have a well deserved fearsome reputation, which may entice your opponent into focussing on him, rather than the rest of your force.

Then you can punish him.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's good, the only suggestion I have is to take flickerfields instead of nightshields on the flyer so you don't ever have to evade. I always take nightshields only on everything with the only exception of flyers.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, do you think it would be worth removing the Combat Drugs from the Archon to free up the points for that?

I do agree, not having to evade would be a big bonus and would probably deliver more points that what the Drugs would get me? (As a realist, I do not expect to slay the opponents HQ every battle).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Combat drugs aren't even useful unless you plan on putting the Archon in a squad of Wyches, or roll the lucky 6 for splintermind. FF on Razorwings is big, but since you can't control movement all that much because of minimum movement requirements, I suggest simply taking off nightshields.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you support the idea of swapping the Razorwing for a Voidraven?

I hmm'd and haa'd about it, but thought the 4 missiles on the Razorwing made it preferable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do like voidravens, the s9 lance is way better. I think your list has plenty of anti-infantry, and doesn't need what the razorwing provides.

I love your avatar btw.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, I can see your point, there. You'd run the Voidraven with just Flickerfields, then?

and, thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, if I was running pure DE, and needed and anti-air role. Yes, that is probably what i would do. However, I usually play with some Eldar allies, so I am able to do things like fortune warwalkers, or use waveserpents to down air.

I would also want to buy a shatterfield or two to deal with swarms of scarabs etc, as that is one role our Venoms can;t deal with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts