Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya, seeing as I'm interested in starting Chaos Space Marines, and not getting a huge army all at once, I'm thinking about taking it slow and gathering a good all-around 1000 p army, that has a chance against most armies (though my main opponent - my roomate - will either be playing Eldar or Orks).
I'm posting a list, would be grateful for suggestions or comments :)

HQ

- Demon Prince with wings, mark of Slaanesh, and Lash of Submission

Heavy support

- 3 Oblitz

Troops

- 5 Chaos marines, 1 with Plasma gun

- 5 Chaos marines

- 7 Plague marines, 1 with Plasma gun, 1 Plague champion

- 1 dedicated rhino

- 5 Chaos terminators - 1 heavy flamer, 2 power fists, 1 chainfist, 2 power wpns, 3 of them champions.

That's about 950 points, leaving 50 points for further uprgrades or wargear. Suggestions are:

- Mark of Nurgle on the termies and one Combi-melta with them, and adding a flamer in the Chaos Marines group lacking the Plasma gun.

- Upgrade the last two terminators to champions and adding two Combi-meltas to them, adding a flamer with the Chaos Marines group and giving the Plague Champion a power weapon!

Am I doing it right? :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not a bad start at all....
Few things to look at, i feel the termies are way too much for a 1k list.
The 5 man chaos squads will not last at all with lack of ATSKNF, so would stick them together in rhino with 2 specials.
The plagues need 2 specials too, plasma suits them really well due to FNP.
DP looks good and oblits are awesome.
With the lack of termies you could afford a defiler, or more troops ect. If you reall wanna use termies use 3 with 3combimeltas and give your champs icons so them can deep strike in and fry tanks.
all in all not bad tho...

HQ

FINE

Heavy support

- 3 Oblitz
FINE

Troops

- (5 Chaos marines, 1 with Plasma gun

- 5 Chaos marines) COMBINE TO 10 MAN

- 7 Plague marines, 1 with Plasma gun, 1 Plague champion ADD 2ND PLASMA

- 1 dedicated rhino MAYBE TAKE HAVOC?

- 5 Chaos terminators - 1 heavy flamer, 2 power fists, 1 chainfist, 2 power wpns, 3 of them champions. IF YOU MUST KEEP THEM DROP TO 3 MAN, KEEP CHEAP

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am not familiar with the term ATSKNF, please enlighten me! :)

A friend helped me put the list together, and I too felt that the terminator group was a little overkill. But the whole idea of the army (except of course the Oblitz) is to just close in on the enemy asap and engage in CC. Should be pretty easy with Lash and being able to deepstrike with the termies?

·
Registered
941 Posts
HQ

fine
Heavy support

- 3 Oblitz
fine
Troops

- 5 Chaos marines, 1 with Plasma gun
make that a melta
- 5 Chaos marines
combnin into one, and take a flamer aswell
- 7 Plague marines, 1 with Plasma gun, 1 Plague champion
give the champ a PF, and drop the plasma for 2 meltas
- 1 dedicated rhino
give it extra armor
- 5 Chaos terminators - 1 heavy flamer, 2 power fists, 1 chainfist, 2 power wpns, 3 of them champions.
fine
That's about 950 points, leaving 50 points for further uprgrades or wargear. Suggestions are:

- Mark of Nurgle on the termies and one Combi-melta with them, and adding a flamer in the Chaos Marines group lacking the Plasma gun.
drop the MoN
- Upgrade the last two terminators to champions and adding two Combi-meltas to them, adding a flamer with the Chaos Marines group and giving the Plague Champion a power weapon!
drop the upgrades on the termies
Am I doing it right? :D
drop the MoN and the upgrades so you can add the stuff stated above!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
nope, looks like your list will handle orks just fine, but be aware that you should let them come do you, don't go to them.

·
Registered
941 Posts
zerkers and flamers are good against orks, but your list should do fine!:grin:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Most of the advice you've been given is solid, however you might want to try Wings and Warptime instead of Lash on your Prince. Lash is by no means an auto-win and there are often better choices.

If I were you I'd be rolling MoT, Warptime, Wind of Chaos and Wings... Nothing like removing a template full of models from the squad you're about to assualt. The 4++ save from the MoT will pay for itself when facing those Power Klaws and re-rolling all to hits and to wounds (even the to wounds from Wind of Chaos) is GOLD against Orks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts