Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm just a beginner so please rectify my mistakes..
Give me some guides!

HQ:
Daemon prince of Khorne with wings and power armor
= 205
Note: Almost invincible against any unit and since he's flying he's so hard to hit!

Troops:
2 units of 5 chaos space marines with close combat weapons added and one model with mark of khorne
Note: I'm not sure but I think if only one model has it the whole unit has the rule.. Check the rulebook and rectify me!
87 + 87 = 174

Elites:
1 unit of 6 terminators (5 with power fist and 1 with chainfist) and reaper autocannon + (each model with mark of khorne)
= 201
Note: deep strike for melee and destroying heavy armory like tanks and such

Heavy:
1 unit of 3 obliterators with the mark of tzeentch (each model)
= 234
Note: since they have daemon special rule their invu save is 5+ and with the mark of tzeentch it becomes 4+ which gives them 50% of invu save not mentioning their S is already 2+

Fast attack:
1 Heldrake with baleflamer
= 170

The entire army
= 999 points

Please guide me brothers!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Welcome Heretic!
Let's get straight to your list: (i'll try to give my advices without changing your idea and units)

Daemon Prince: i don't like a DP at such low point values but i'm not saying a thing about it, he is indeed a beast but need to be used cleverly

CSM squads: sadly you have to mark the whole squad. there's no "only one model marked" thing in our book. So when you buy a mark you must buy it for the whole squad.
Also, those squads are really frail and not so useful. You could go for this:
5 Marines, plasmagun (90)
17 Cultists, 2 autogun, flamer (85)
This way you have 2 special weapons in the bag and lots of bodies. Also, you have a tactical role: cultists rush forward praying aloud and looking for melee while marines follow them, peppering the enemy with plasma fire where needed.

Terminators: too many points imo, for just 6 models. Also, your eqip can be trimmed a little:
5 Terminators, 2 chainfist, 1 power axe (champion), 1 power maul, 4 combiplasma (201)
Also i think your previous pointcount was wrong. Anyway you have now a unit that will blast infantry and light vehicles apart when deepstriking, with plasma fire, and in following turns can butcher in melee vehicles and living things alike.

Oblits & Heldrake: yes. solid. I'd rather take 3 units of 1 obliterator, to avoid morale tests from shooting and to deny the enemy an easy single target. he will be forced to split his fire between 3 small units.

With my stuff you go to 1000 exactly :)
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot buds.. Btw I guess that obliterators are fearless since they have "daemon" special rules and even though if you're right or wrong, splitting them by 3 unites is a fantastic idea!
And I'll give my whole army the mark of slaanesh so they would always attack first against sm armies which will give them better chance to survive

Thanks a lot anyways brother

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Btw I guess that obliterators are fearless since they have "daemon" special rules
sadly this is not true. they just have fear and a 5++ save.
MoS is my preferred take, just don't waste points on cultists ;) (they are just here to die in the name of the Gods!)
cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts