Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Snowy here, just another crazy list I came up with, I'm going to a tourny soon and I thought I would take a force I would love to play with but not hate explaining why it was like that so I invented this one.

HQ
Librarian
(Might of the Ancients, The Avenger.) 100

Elites
Sternguard Squad
Combi-Melta x2
Power Fist
Rhino: 195

Troops
Tactical Squad
Missile Launcher
Meltagun
Power Fist
Combi-Flamer
Rhino: 245

Tactical Squad
Missile Launcher
Meltagun
Power Fist
Combi-Flamer
Rhino: 245

Tactical Squad
Flamer
Missile Launcher
Combi-Melta
Rhino: 215

Total: 1000

Ok hows that, I don't feel like adding anything too vanilla (Twin AC dreads for example, goes against my view of them.) or anything too weak (Scouts.)

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would drop a squad and add two preds.... Three full squads seems like too much.
if you were to drop the last squad i would get a havoc squad with 4 ML's (then combat squad it in non KP games so you can run it foward for objectives)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, I'll do a little bit of playtesting and get back to you guys

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
if you were to drop the last squad i would get a havoc squad with 4 ML's (then combat squad it in non KP games so you can run it foward for objectives)
You mean a devastator squad right?
<<I think that one has the taint of Chaos>>

heh, heh... I said taint

But in all honesty, I think 2 preds are more better than devs...

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
what are the thoughts of putting a jump pack on the libby and exchanging the sternguard for a RAS with a DP?

i second the two preds instead of a 3rd tact squad (i assume that they are 2 dakka preds) you need some long range support

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I would say that at 1000 points you have a lot more flexability... you just need a couple of things to shoot.. a troop or two and something else... Overall I think the RAS could be effective, and I think the Sternguard could be effective too...

Typically, I think of 1k to be pretty non-competative since you don't have enough redundancy to offset lucky/unlucky dice...

·
Registered
91 Posts
if i were you, i'd drop the sternguard squad and pick up some termi's as there only 5pts more, they'll last longer and they have the stratigic option of deep striking

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
instead of a RAS I would imho use a Vanguard squad as they have better options and the possibility of Heroic Intervention if needed

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking of the two Dakka Preds and doing something with the remaining 55 points

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
PW/PF for all the Tact squads?

Edit: forgot that they had those.

perhaps make your Libby an Epith...(?) it allows you to use 2 psychic powers a turn.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Yeah i think the rule for marine is 1 tactical squad for every 500 points
I agree that the dakka preds are an excellent idea and I support the call for assault termies.

They will survive longer and generally mince everything. At 1000 points there is very little that can reliably get rid of them.

Though the power weapon on the tactical squads is a good idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts