Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
Looks to me like you're basing this off of a Dark Vengeance kit, so might I suggest you use the power axe wielding chosen rather than the Lord mini as your Lord, as a Lord of Khorne with the AoBF?

Yeah, Lords tend not to be that impressive unless you make them specifically "not-Infantry"--otherwise why not simply get one of the 8-odd Infantry special characters Chaos has on offer? Kharn will outfight just about any melee-kitted CSM Lord; Abaddon or Typhus can take any Termi-Armored Lord. Mobility is where you get your advantage, here. Though if you, say, buy a Bike for your Lord, then you need to free up points for bikers or Spawn to keep him safe, so that's it's own consideration.

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
I dunno about overkill--he's actually quite a glass cannon, at T4 with a 3+/5++. One krak missile and he's bitten it! Plus, well, Infantry-speed so needs a Land Raider to assault things in a timely manner, or to be Infiltrated by some fancy shenanigans, etc. (Joined to a squad of KDK Flesh Hounds for Scout? I dunno)

So whatever he makes it into contact with is dead, yeah, but the issue is surviving long enough and moving fast enough to actually get into said contact. If you're going for an Infantry lord, you might as well bring him to the table!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.