Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you heard about the new Apocalypse Boxed Set! (it's on the American site)

THE DEATHWING!!!

Here's what it's got:
Quote Games Workshop US"This package contains enough plastic and metal components to assemble one (1) Space Marine Terminator Librarian, one (1) Space Marine Terminator Chaplain, one (1) Space Marine Terminator Captain, three (3) Space Marine Land Raiders, two (2) Space Marine Land Raider Crusaders, and one hundred (100) Space Marine Terminators. All models are supplied unpainted and require assembly." so it can assemble: "There are enough Space Marine Terminator parts included to arm up to twenty-five (25) Lightning Claw Terminators and twenty-five (25) Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield Terminators or up to seventy-five (75) Terminators with ranged weapons. We are the Emperor's wrath!!!"

Costs $1100USD

What do you think will you buy one, but really what do you think!

My thoughts :shok:HOLY BALLS:shok:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
FUCK ME SIDEWAYS thats a lot of terminators :shok:

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Yeah... eventually it'll look like the Ruble... but...that's okay. Anyway, I'm sure someone will buy it-- there are a fair number of doctors and lawyers who play the game, believe it or not... people with 1100 USD to blow in one shot. To be fair, you do save a little bit with that deal. It's around 1300 USD to get all that individually. The thing I think is kind of seriously pathetic about the deal though is that they don't give you Dark Angels upgrade sprues that have the deathwing bits on them.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
If by '23 pence' you mean '540 quid', then yeah...

I agree with 'Holy Balls' and 'Fuck me sideways that's a lot of terminators'.

It really really is. I mean, the entire First Company (and 5 landraiders)!

It's only a couple of months since we were going "Battle Company in a box? No way!" etc etc. Now we're all "Whoa! Terminators!"

I do wonder how and why you'd ever use it. Haven't totted it up but it's gotta be 25x250pts (so slightly more than 6,000pts) at least. That would take one really big game... Obviously, awesome and all that, but most of the time, won't it just sit there, going "I cost you more than a second-hand car... and you don't know anyone with a powerful enough army to play against me..."?

Of course, if I had £540 to spare - I'd buy one!

... The thing I think is kind of seriously pathetic about the deal though is that they don't give you Dark Angels upgrade sprues that have the deathwing bits on them.
Oh well, I'm definately getting one then (not really). I was just thinking, "Hmm, defence of Macragge's Northern Polar Fortress... still, bet the pads have all got DA insignia on them" - but apparently not...

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I figured the cost of a Codex first company when I made an entire roster for my Lions Rampant Chapter... (I had some time on my hands, what can I say?) and it totalled in around 5500 points including characters, but I assumed the Land Raiders to predominantly be a part of the armoury. So I'd figure you're looking at close to 7000 points with Land Raiders for five squads.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I figured the cost of a Codex first company when I made an entire roster for my Lions Rampant Chapter... (I had some time on my hands, what can I say?) and it totalled in around 5500 points including characters, but I assumed the Land Raiders to predominantly be a part of the armoury. So I'd figure you're looking at close to 7000 points with Land Raiders for five squads.
Yeah, I roughly went:

Landraider=250, x5

(5-man) termie squad=200, plus upgrades, =250 (ish) x20

Add em all together and its 6,250pts, without really doing special characters or anything.

Serious pointage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OMFG once again!

Although it would be funny to have somebody with the deathwing play an army with a crapload of Vindicators/Demolishers they would watch their [email protected]#$%ng 100 termis and $1100 dollars go down the drain!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
GW is awfully stingy about the sprues they include with the big packs. Kinda makes one wish they sold bits individually at their stores instead of having to buy them on ebay and other places.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
my responce stays the same, FUCK ME SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!:shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok:

thats just asking for cheese so many terminators

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, If you could get a bunch of normal marines with teleport homers, and rhinos....... would max the army out at 10,000 Pts, but the termies would be covering the battlefield

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow.... thats like... wow....

I wonder when the Ork "Waaagh! Box" will come out with like 500 or so Boyz 100 nobz and a warboss? i would love that. or a "Speed freek box". I suppose that a Plastic Stompa is good enough. I second Lord Sinkoran with the "F**K ME SIDEWAYS!!!!!!" towards the box

1 - 20 of 63 Posts