Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:search:eek:k as you can tell by the title these are my first attempts at really kit bashing tanks! these are my battlewagons made from a landraider and an old tank that im not sure what it is (was) and of course what ever else the mek had laying around and some backing board.

with these materials i have made 3 battlewagonz. anyways tell me what you all think :)

my landraider conversion front

side

and the other tank wagon A front

side

rear

wagon B still undergoing maintenance front

side

rear

ok so wagon A and B still need some work but what you guys think?

p.s using the hellblaster as a big shoota (why not? lol) :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol cheers i thought it may be but was not sure. a guy at my gaming club gave it to me and said here make something orky so i hope that making his 1 tank into 2 deadly ork machines will suffice

any tips on building from scratch deff rollas? (kitchen roll tubes seem too big

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
any tips on building from scratch deff rollas? (kitchen roll tubes seem too big
I have seen Red bull cans used before. They looked ok. But the best thing I have seen is pvc pipe and a couple of temporary end caps from a plumber supply store. Use old sprue to fashion some spiky bits and even for the arms to mount to the hull. Detail to taste and squish away.

P.S. This may be the old school in me talking but, I really hate to see the old land raiders being used is such a manner. Not that they were the best models to begin with, (they are a bit tall and squished looking) but they bring back a bit of nostalgia to an old guy like me. :biggrin:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im happy to bring back some memories but as said this was given to me

in total these two tanks have saved me 90+ pounds considering most stuff used is spare bits

im very happy with that just a shame that i did have to use an antique lol

thank you for the tips shall look into it if not going to use a kitchen roll tube seems an ok size

1 - 5 of 5 Posts