Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first question is barring warriors of chaos. I would like to model four chaos lords after the four horsemen of the apocalypse now for pestilence I'm using a nurgle lord but I can not for the life of me think what to use for the other 3 horsemen.

The second question is barring me starting a good guy army as I am a word bearers player I would like to start an army that is the complete opposite to word bearers, so I would like some opinions and reasons why. An army stuck in my head at te moment is grey knights because of their dedication to the emperor.

Thanks in advance

Gothic.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The first question is barring warriors of chaos. I would like to model four chaos lords after the four horsemen of the apocalypse now for pestilence I'm using a nurgle lord but I can not for the life of me think what to use for the other 3 horsemen.
War=Khorne, this probably would be the easiest to do haha
Famine=Slaanesh, a thin bodied/emaciate model on a skeletal or thin horse/similar mount? Maybe?
Death=Hardest of all, because all of the Chaos Gods bring death. But by process of elimination Tzeentch, a bird/horse hybrid with a matching rider.

The second question is barring me starting a good guy army as I am a word bearers player I would like to start an army that is the complete opposite to word bearers, so I would like some opinions and reasons why. An army stuck in my head at te moment is grey knights because of their dedication to the emperor.
Grey Knights are still awesome, and have great sculpts. If normal Inquisition fancies you more then I'd recommend picking up the new Inquisition e-book, otherwise just pick up Ward's codex ad a couple of boxes of Grey Knights, you can make anything out of them.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
War=Khorne, clearly, as was said. Famine: Tzeentch, a skeletal horseman in blue, with a magic, crackling set of scales, Death: Slaanesh, For Death wears a pleasant face- A dark robed Daemonette with a glistening scythe.
Maybe Necrons. World Bearers are fanatics, dedicated to their dark apostles, the Necrons are the opposite, driven by their Hyperlogical Protocols.....The other exact opposite is Dark Angels. The same sort of religious crusaders, but for the Emperor...."
Thanks in advance

Gothic.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe Necrons. World Bearers are fanatics, dedicated to their dark apostles, the Necrons are the opposite, driven by their Hyperlogical Protocols.....
I personally don't class necrons as good guys sorry

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Well, darn! I'm sure they class themselves that way! How about Adepta Sororitas? They're really faithful, and good. :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't like sisters I've read all the background and that but they don't catch me

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Space Marines are also an option, and this new codex recently received more support in the form of new chapter tactics from Forge World, as well as matching characters. Eldar are pretty competitive in addition to seeing themselves as 'good', and Tau certainly are 'good'

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
If you want the opposite to fanaticism try Eldar Harlequins. You can theme an army around them with a good paint scheme.

As for the first question I would agree with @Creon as the way I would go myself.

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Where are people getting this whole thing that the first Horseman of the Apocalypse is Pestilence? It's always seemed pretty obvious that it was Conquest, considering the line from Revelation is that 'he went forth conquering, and to conquer'. If I were doing it, it would be:

First Horseman: Slaanesh, because he has an insatiable thirst for souls and I would argue is the only God to have 'conquered' an entire race(he practically owns Eldar souls before their born).
Second Horseman: Khorne, because you know, War and stuff.
Third Horseman: Tzeentch, because he is like a starving man who can never satisfy his hunger for knowledge.
Death: Nurgle, I mean, his minions already use scythes, and everywhere he goes his plagues cause death.

Thanks in advance

Gothic.
Another vote for Necrons, their fluff is way different then it was before, they're just as good or bad as anyone else in the universe. Hell, read up on some of the Fluff for the Silent King and you'll see that some of them are totally good guys, or at least tragic.

If not them, Tau would probably be your best bet on both non-religious, and good guys.

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
I meant I want religious good guys sorry lol.

Gothic
Lol, okay. I don't really consider any of the eccslessiarchy as good guys, but if you just mean Imperial, than you can go with Sisters of Battle, Grey Knights(although I don't think they actually believe that the Emperor is a God), or Frateris Militia-themed Imperial Guard ( http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Frateris_Militia#.Uo1IcZDnYsI ), or possible Black Templars, all very Religious and kind of Good Guys from the Imperium's perspective I guess.

·
Registered
350 Posts
In my opinion a good 40k army for you would either be Black Templars, Grey Knights, Minotaurs, or Red Scorpions.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I mean, Blood Angels! Come on... For real though - that whole series about them beating the crap out of the word bearers only to turn on themselves and have a civil war that totally is canon because screw you matt ward (who totally wrote those books...) but they killed tons of word bearers... That part I get.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Conquest : Tzeentch ~ Conquest brings change
War: Khorne
Famine: Slaanesh ~ greed and corruption brings famine
Death: Nurgle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts