Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just primed my miniatures with some Armory Black Primer, and it seems a bit... thin? should i do another pass over it? Should i wait for it to dry or do it again while it's still wet? Or should i just let it be?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wait for it to dry before you do anything. Chances are you wont need a 2nd primer coat. But a good rule of thumb..ignore the distance rule for spray paint. Get it about 4" from the model. I dont have problems with it, except on small pieces, the air burst moves it around sometimes. But that way you get a good prime coat and don't have to worry about it. Just make sure you don't put it on too thick.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
What would i do if i put it on too thick, is there any way to remove it, i heard someone telling me about Oven cleaner at the comic book store, lol, but i'm not entirely sure...
Yeah, there is ways of removing the paint once its been put on. There is a thread somewhere on heresy (I think its in Tutorials).

But on the subject of primers, I always try and get every bit of the model. But, I don't worry if it goes on thin in one place, mainly because I tend to put a basecoat on the model, since it has still got a bit of primer on it, I tend to think that it can still "anchor" on the model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts