Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since making a Warrior based army sucks Im going to make a list with zoanthropes to mind rape everyone within range

check my army and feed me some critique please

1480pts
+ HQ +

* Hive Tyrant
Wings, 2x Twin-linked Devourers with Brainleech Worms

+ Elites +

* The Doom of Malan'tai
* Mycetic Spore

* Zoanthrope Brood (3)
* Mycetic Spore

* Zoanthrope Brood (3)
* Mycetic Spore

+ Troops +

* Termagant Brood
* 10x Termagant
10x Chitin, 10x Claws and Teeth, 10x Fleshborer

* Tervigon

+ Heavy Support +

* Trygon
* Upgrade to Trygon Prime

* Trygon

Every zoanthrope will have psychic shriek and a roll on biomancy, the doom will keep his power or change it to psychic shriek im not too sure, every other psyker will roll on biomancy

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
You have two troop choices, a solid round of shooting could deny you the ability to win the majority of 6th ed missions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tervigon spawns at least 1 more troop. That gives you at minimum 3 and 2 of them are easily movable. You have points left over and should go for an additional power with the Tervigon to try and get some more powers. Upgrading the Trygon to Prime seems like a waste as you don't get much for that 40 points other than Synapse really.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys

what about using genestealers for troops? are the decent enough?

+ HQ +

* Hive Tyrant
*TL Devourers, Wings

+ Elites +

* Zoanthrope Brood
* Mycetic Spore
* Zoanthrope(2)

* Zoanthrope Brood
* Mycetic Spore
* Zoanthrope(2)

+ Troops +

* Genestealer Brood
* 12x Genestealer

* Genestealer Brood
* 12x Genestealer

* Genestealer Brood
* 12x Genestealer

+ Heavy Support +

* Trygon
Toxin Sacs

* Trygon
Toxin Sacs

1500pts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have tried some units of 10 - 20 genestealers -- they just get mowed down by fire since they are only a 5+ armor save. Outflanking they can't charge which was the reason you took them. Even infiltrating they can't charge turn 1. I don't know if that will fix your low troop problem.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Imo the first list is ok, but you should replace a Trigon Prime with another 10 termagaunt and a Tervigon.
Now you have 4 troops ( 2 that are MC with 6 wounds...) and can spawn at least other 2 troops.
Stealers, i'm sorry..they really suck. and suck hard in this edition. they are the true non-competitive, friendly only troop of tyranid codex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts