Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my list guys i hope you will help me with my feedback i am still new to 5th edition i stopped at 3rd and picked up the game recently. Ive been reading some tactica so lemme know what u think. thank you guys

squad 1)Rune priest W Chooser of slain
5 grey hunters(flamer) in rhino

Squad 2) Wolf lord 2 wolf claw, belt of russ, fenrisian wolf(2), thunderwolf mount
5 thunderwolf cavalry, 1 fist, 1 storm shield

Squad 3) 7 grey hunters, 1 mark of the wolfen, 1 standard, melta
1 wolf guard, powerfist, combimelta
Rhino

Squad 4) Same as above

Squad 5) Dreadnaught, ccw flamer, plasma cannon,
drop pod

Squad 6) 5 long fangs w missle launchers
1 wolf guard (to allocate wounds to)

lemme know what you guys think your feedback is very much appreciated

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Doh, failed at reading the title here... must be time for bed...

hey check tomorrow, Gen Ahab is putting up his guide to Thunderwolves...

BTW, Long fangs are completely awesome... but I don't know if you need to allocate a WG to them... unless you're putting him in termie armor and giving him a cyclone... Let him roll with the Rune Priest.

Also, they're cheap, so I'd make sure to have 3 full units...

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
So this is my list guys i hope you will help me with my feedback i am still new to 5th edition i stopped at 3rd and picked up the game recently. Ive been reading some tactica so lemme know what u think. thank you guys

squad 1)Rune priest W Chooser of slain
5 grey hunters(flamer) in rhino
Unit is a little small here. I think if you're going for a six man unit, buy a Razorback instead.
Squad 2) Wolf lord 2 wolf claw, belt of russ, fenrisian wolf(2), thunderwolf mount
5 thunderwolf cavalry, 1 fist, 1 storm shield
Don't know about the Wolves. A nice unit, but with the lack of other important things to shoot at in your army, I'm afraid they'll be cut down by concentrated fire.
Squad 3) 7 grey hunters, 1 mark of the wolfen, 1 standard, melta
1 wolf guard, powerfist, combimelta
Rhino
Unit is a little small here. I'd like to see 9+Wolf Guard. Maybe add a power sword.
Squad 4) Same as above
see above.
Squad 5) Dreadnaught, ccw flamer, plasma cannon,
drop pod
Nice unit. I assume you want this anti-horde. I might counsel melta-gun as opposed to flamer to give it a slight anti-armor option.
Squad 6) 5 long fangs w missle launchers
1 wolf guard (to allocate wounds to)
Terminator armor is a good option for the WG in a long fangs unit. I'd recommend a missile pack here, but you don't have five WG.
lemme know what you guys think your feedback is very much appreciated

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put the rune priest in the rhino to shoot out of...
Why would I put long fangs in a razorback I don't understand

And w the thunderwolfs I was going to run them behind the rhino an d allocate ap 3 weapons to the fenresian wolves and storm shield

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Rune priests sitting inside of a razorback is not value added. Living lightning is one of the best Psy abilities in the game... so yeah, keep him in the Rhino.

I don't have any experiance with TWC, but I'm curious to know if they'd work at 1500...

The main concern is that you end up shorting yourself on other ranged firepower... so the quick fix would be to drop down the squad size in your GH and feed more points into the Long Fangs. And perhaps drop the dread for more Long Fangs....

But ultimately, what you're doing is putting a ton of points into one unit... so once that goes, your SoL.... But if you try to beef up the other elements, you lose the firepower needed to convince your opponent NOT to shoot everything at the TWC... My gut says it's going to be very hard to balance....

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I said Grey Hunters in a Razorback. If you're using it as mobile cover, I guess that's ok. I would rather have the extra Razorback Firepower for just a few points more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts