Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1.5k sisters (later 1750)

i currently have an army down on my excel spread sheet... but i cant figure out how to spend the last 67 points >_<

Cannoness with inferno pistol, book, cloak, meltabombs, eviserator

SoB (10) vet with book, heavy flamer, meltagun
Rhino with extra armour
Rhino with extra armour
Rhino with extra armour
Rhino with extra armour

Exorcist
Exorcist
Retributor (5) vet with book, heavy bolter x4, imagifer
Immolator with extra armour

Total 1433

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
For my money, it's rarely worth giving someone with an Eviscerator meltabombs.

I do however, recomend meltabombs for your VSS and a Mantle of Ophelia for your Canonness. And maybe a Jump Pack?

I'd also recomend TL Heavy Bolters and Blessed Ammo for that Immolator. Chances are it won't be at the speartip of your army, so the Heavy Bolters will be more use than Flamers.

Without actually doing the maths, that would be 67ish points.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You could drop the metlabombs on your one canoness and just add another canoness with eviscerator and throw her in the immolator with your retributors.

Its nothing crazy but it would add 2 more faith points, she would be protected by armor, and if your retributor squad gets into some trouble she'll add a bit more punch to their last stand.

Just a thought. I love how cheap a canoness can actually be if she wants to.

EDIT: Unless that's what you were planning on doing with the one you already have. Didn't really think of that til just now.

EDIT(again): In which case you could try dropping maybe the extra armor on 4 of the vehicles and give your more tooled out canoness a jump pack. Just another thought. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok after adding and takin off the melta bombs, adding the Mantle of Ophelia and making the immolator into a lead spewing patty wagon im left with 22 points

so im thinking of smoke and lights on the 4 rhinos and the immolator and dealing with the two left over points floating into oblivion :D

Edit: i didnt put the jump pack on the canoness because i have a weird personal OCD where i dont like having one person not in armour if its a mech list... so as babypowder said, she joins up with the heavy bolters for some AT support if anything gets that close....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Smoke and lights are always cool, but you could have a Jump Pack for your Canonness.

I'm a big fan of the Flying Nun Canonness - she'll almost never dissapoint and she will often perform far better than a mere 140 points might suggest.

Once my Canonness accounted for two combat squads, five scouts, one Razorback, Pedro Cantor and the better part of a Dev squad single-handedly. I grant, that's the upper-edge of what's possible (the Marine player could barely believe his eyes, nor could I), but a Jump Pack means that she can be where the action is, and the Mantle+Cloak+Spirit of the Martyr means she can take the kind of beating that would turn almost any other HQ to a smear on the ground.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll look into that... maybe convert up a flying nun just to test it out (never been blessed with a "jumpy bitch" as ive heard her called) im sure a seraphim jump pack fits the bill nicely :D

but i'll leave the 22 open so i can try out madam jumpy and if i dont dig her i'll just go the "safe route" and drop on smoke and lights into their new homes

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for the double post, but i had a quick question regarding the army listed above....

from what i can tell, SoB would shine hella bright in cities of death... how do you think it would hold up against black templar in utter annihilation?

i believe my friend's 1.5k army is posted up in here (ninjawithagun)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've had a lot of good games with my witch hunters in cities of death - the sheer ammount of (heavy) flamers you can put on the table is ... entertaining.

It is also about the only time I field my penitent engines (unless I'm desperate for points) - take the Wreckers stratagem and sit back and watch as they literally tear buildings apart to get at the squads hiding inside ;)

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
I would definitely spend the points on smoke and spot lights. Spot lights can be great for taking out things early in a Dawn of war game. Going second and keeping everything off the board except rhinos with spotlights can lead to getting exorcist shots off at a target early on.

I think a canoness sitting in a retributor squad is a waste of points. She should not be sitting back as a defensive "just in case". I second the opinion of a jump pack, get her out and killing stuff.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Honestly, a cheap Canoness is never a bad choice. Even if she doesn't manage to kill anything at the very least she'll support the cause by getting herself killed, and thereby raise your Faith total by two more points.

·
Registered
48 Posts
22ish points left? such a tardface! its 272 points you need to figure out for a 1750 army..

And hello there other people, I'm the Black Templar army hes going up against :D

im not sure if its sacrilegious or not posting another army's list in this forum, but its for a good cause! heres the list hes going up against.. and yes.. i have OCD.. i had to make sure it was exactly 1750 lol.

Command

Grimaldus - 195

Emperors Champion (Accept Any Challenge) - 140

Troops

8 Initiates (Missile-Launcher, Flamer, Rhino) - 194

8 Initiates (Power Fist, Flamer, Rhino) - 199

8 Initiates (Power Fist, Flamer, Rhino) - 199

Elites

Dreadnought - 105

Fast

Land Speeder (Multi-Melta) - 65

Land Speeder (Multi-Melta) - 65

4 Bikes - 128
Attack Bike (MM) - 65

Heavy Support

Predator Annihilator - 145 (Laz Turret, Laz Sponson)

Vindicator - 125

Vindicator - 125

Total Points: 1750

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Flying nun is not that good solo vs BT better to have her in a squad
l would get some seraphim squads also because this is cities of death (can fly over cover)

P.S l will be rooting for you will be :king:
:victory:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Speaking as someone who mainly plays Black Templars but is starting to play Witch Hunters this battle will be very interesting for me. Much as I hate tailoring lists I advise you to:

1) Keep the Cannoness as a jump pack. This is a really effective set up in Cities of death as you can use buildings to break line of sight, then open up his tanks can-opener-style with the evis. His Pred is an especially juicy target for this, followed by his vindicators.

2) Take A Daemon Hunters inquisitor with 2 mystics for 32 points. Most sane people allow this as it is clear that the stopping of allying of inquisition models was because Space Marines and Imperial Guard got new codecies. This allows your retributor squad to have a free turn of firing against deep-striking units (namely his land speeders). With 12 HB shots you should at least be able to stop them shooting your tanks.

3) If you've got spare points, take combi-flamers on your vet sisters for divine guidance roasting.

4) Take an inquisitor lord with divine pronouncement (see below for why)

Looking at his list, I can see the following flaws which you can take advantage of:

1) Without a marshal, all his marines are Ld8, so if you can squeeze an Inq Lord with divine pronouncement, they have to pass Ld checks on a 6. (yes, black templars have a lower Ld than guardsmen) however remember that they auto regroup next turn.

2) None of his Rhinos have extra armour or smoke. Just get a glancing hit and they're doing nothing for a turn

3) Of his 4 units of ranged anti-tank (Preditor, 2x Land Speeders and attack bike) only the preditor can withstand fire. Conversely the rest are good at killing heavy tanks AV13+ whereas the preditor is more for opening light tanks eg transports. Therefore protect your exorcists from the meltas and they should survive the game easily.

4) Fortunately you will win drive-bys with his rhinos, as the combat will go thus: (your turn) You shoot melta out of rhino, his rhino dies, troops spill out (his turn) charges your rhino with men, kills your tank with power fist, your guys spill out (your turn) divine guidance rapidfire + heavy flamers, his unit dies.

5) Take advantage of cover as none of his guys have frag grenades

I think telling you this is fair as the templar player can just as easily change his list (speaking of which, missile launcher in a combat squad is never a good idea mate :) )

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not intending to make a specific anti-ninjawithagun army it was just a general consesnces for how well they'd do against them.

but thank you for your advice, i'll probally re-configure this army another 20+ times before i find the set up acceptable to my standards

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
1750 list!

Cannoness with inferno pistol, book, cloak, mantle, eviserator, jump pack

SoB (10) vet with book and meltabombs, heavy flamer, meltagun
Rhino with extra armour
Rhino with extra armour
Rhino with extra armour
Rhino with extra armour

Seraphim (9) vet with book and eviserator, flame pistols x2

Exorcist
Exorcist
Retributor (6) vet with book, heavy bolter x4, imagifer
Immolator with extra armour, heavy Bolters

Total 1751
8 faith
59 models

ok so its 1750 vs 1.5k as the title says but that was a mistake on my behalf.... the list is fairly similar to what i had before... just added melta bombs seraphim etc... the melta bombs were just as an insurance for the random chance any tanks gets too close and the sister squad runs towards it yelling "FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!!!" half tempted to drop the inferno pistol for a bolt pistol (or random cheap 1 handed weapon) so that i can take blessed ammo for the immolator so i can giggle as it eats things behind cover

1 - 16 of 16 Posts