Plague Censer Bearers (7): 112

-Rare-
Plagueclaw Catapult: 100 pts

Total: 1496 pts

All thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Red is a mods only colour, its reserved so our comments can be easily seen- please dont use it. This is part of the forum rules, if you didnt know then you probably should give them another read here
- T/S

-Heroes-
Plague Priest: 346 pts
-Level 2 Wizard
-Plague Censer
-Talisman of Preservation
-Plague Furnace

Drop the Plague Censer - the priest uses the furnace as his base and you'll find you'll be dropping more of your plague monks than anything else. Rest looks ok.

-Core-
Clanrats (34): 190 pts
-Spears & Shields
-Standard & Musician
Clanrats (34): 190 pts
-Spears & Shields
-Standard & Musician

Weapon teams! I wouldnt live without my PWM's

Skavenslaves (20): 42 pts
-Musician
-Musician
-Musician

-Special-
Plague Monks (35): 320 pts
-Full Command
-Storm Banner

Personally i'd rather run the plague banner and give the priest a shadowmagnet trinket. Helps to reduce shooting this way and when it hits theres not much it cant take-on.

I currently run a 10 strong unit in my 3k list but am yet to be as impressed as I belive they should be. Possibly drop 1 unit to allow inclusion of weapon teams.

-Rare-
Plagueclaw Catapult: 100 pts

Total: 1496 pts

All thoughts appreciated.
The basic list looks good but just seems like it needs a few more toys here and there.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Contrary to steaknchips, I think the list is great as is. Not sure if your as of yet familiar with 8th ed org chart, but that fits legally :p :D I think it is quite solid, skaven can always do with toys, but this is fine without!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

I can see the plague censer killing more of my own men than the the enemy, but the plague priest model that comes with the furnace has such a beautifully sculpted censer that I must use it. Calling it a flail would just be too much of a cop out for something this amazing.

I am trying to stick with a bubonic court army here (if anyone has heard of that), and though I am including clanrats it is because they are just members of Clan Pestilence that have yet to join the monks. No weapons teams.

Most likely when I expand the army I am going to include a second plague furnace monk unit instead of a lord; though great none of the lords but special characters are directly pestilence, and I don't like special characters. I may include a warlord and chieftain if it looks like I'll need them (General and BSB). Maybe a Gray Seer using plague magic, and just saying he is one of the lords of clan pestilence or something ... appropriate model and all.

I'm glad you like the army Putch. I am unsure of it myself, but I like it too much not to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts