Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a semi fluffy, quick and easy to make/paint/buy list.

Pask is there for synergy with Executioner gets hot.

Allied Scions are for unique orders AND deep striking Scoring units. I may try and wrangle an Augur Array onto a Vendetta for pin point Deep strike.

Main Detachment:
HQ
Knight Commander Pask in an Executioner w/ Hullmounted lascannon and heavy Stubber.
Plus executioner. TOTAL: 395

TROOPS
Vets w/ Heavy Flamer, 2x plasma guns mounted in a chimera. X2
TOTAL: 330

FAST ATTACK
Vendetta. 170
Vendetta. 170

HEAVY SUPPORT
Wyvern 65
Wyvern 65

Sub total: 1195

Allied detachment
Tempestus Scions

HQ
Command squad with 4 meltas. 125

Troops
5 scions with 2 meltas. 90
X2

TOTAL: 1500.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Silly question, and maybe the answer is in the fact that I don't have the AM or Temp books... But how are you deep striking your Scions? Rules of allies state that they can NEVER use an allied transport... so those Vendettas don't qualify for them.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Pask is there for synergy with Executioner gets hot.
What does he do to give Executioner's re-rolls? He only re-rolls to-hit when it comes to firing a battle cannon, vanquisher battle cannon, demolisher siege cannon, or eradicator nova cannon.

When firing the Executioner, he gets the opportunity to do the large blast plasma shot.

Am I missing something here? I've seen this said a few times, but I have read the rule a dozen times over now and don't see why he would get to re-roll get's hot.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Preferred enemy warlord trait for his squad for the re-rolls. 1s to hit and to wound against chosen codex are rerolled. And as per the gets hot rule even models that don't roll to hit can re-roll if they have a rule that permits it.

Scions have the deep strike rule baked into them. Just like old storm troopers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Putting augur arrays for things that come from reserves, is in my opinion a bad idea. You have to be lucky enough that the deep striking units come at least one turn after what's coming from reserves with the array, which is too much of a lottery.
Some people will be bitching about how you should not give flamer to a bs 4 unit... but I don't really care for that.
If you pick Pask only to reroll your ones on executioner, that seems like a very expensive choice: Unless mistaken: Pask costs 70 points!
I perfectly understand the reasons you are playing tempestus as allies, but I would like to point out that when played as a guard elite slot, the platoon comes in one slot, which means they will all come in the same turn: which from tactical point of view might give some advantages.

At this point: you have 5 separate units coming from reserves, so I would consider a company command squad with an officer of the fleet not that bad of an idea, if you want to make your reserves be on table quicker.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The point about augurs is valid. Hence why it wasn't auto include. I was thinking if I was lucky I could have reserve roll a vendetta first, flying it where I want and then the scions around it. Gimmicky, and probably unneeded.
Edit: AND also illegal to do as I have just read about the array needing to be on the battlefield at the start of the turn.

Naked CCS 60 points. Primaris Psyker 50 points.
OR
Pask 70 points. And I get more heavy support slots. And reroll 1s to wound. And Tank Commands.

Flamers on a vet squad in a chimera are definitely a waste. But a heavy flamer for last turn objective scrambles is different. As you can only shoot 2 guns out of a chimera which will be the Plasma Guns.

And I count UP to 5 coming in from reserves. Vendettas won't necassarily come in like that. Edit: TIL Flyers HAVE to come in via reserves. So many rules to catch up. 6 years too long. Maybe the astropath is a good shout.

And isn't it only 3+ now for reserves? Either way, before things like astropaths it was never too much of an issue. I use to get improved comms relay on my hidden basilisks if my army was particularly heavy on Deepstrike in the past.

Another option could be dropping 1 squad if scions and grab an inquisitor with servo skulls.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts