Havoc Launcher
Extra Armor

Oblits(2): 150

Chaos Predator: 170
TL Lascannon
Heavy Bolters
Daemonic Possession
Havoc Launcher

I'm thinking about using this army as kinda an intro to the whole CSM army, seems easy to expand on with the other troops and whatnot. Any advice on this list, keeping in mind its for learning the basics of CSM, would be greatly accepted =D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Alright i shall start off then :3

Chaos Termi Lord: 155
Mark of Khorne
Daemon Weapon
I would take Kharn, Blood Feeders are more of a gimmic then anything else,
Chaos Terminators(4 + champ) : 215
Icon of Khorne
Combi-melta(1)
Heavy flamer
Chain fist(1)
IoK is reguarded as the worst mark on chaos Termies, and Chaos Termies themselves arnt really that great
Chaos Space Marines(9 + champ): 270
Chaos Glory
Melta
Flamer
Power weapon
Your mixing up weapons, ditch the Flamer and power weapon and get another melta
Rhino
TL bolter
Havoc Launcher
Extra Armor
Ditch all the upgrades ^.^
Chaos Glory
Melta
Flamer
Power weapon
As above
Rhino
TL bolter
Havoc Launcher
Extra Armor
As above
Chaos Glory
Melta
Flamer
Power weapon
Alright... not to an interetsing unit, Khorne Berserkers, run a squad of 8 include a Skullchamp with powerfist into that, and give them a rhino with extra armor (Khran will run with them)
Rhino
TL bolter
Havoc Launcher
Extra Armor
Ditch everything but Extra armor and run BERSERKERS IN IT RAWR >:D!
Very good
TL Lascannon
Heavy Bolters
Daemonic Possession
Havoc Launcher
Ditch it and get 2 Defilers (using the points you gave up from the Termies to get the second) replace all of their weapons but the battle canon with DCCW's
I'm thinking about using this army as kinda an intro to the whole CSM army, seems easy to expand on with the other troops and whatnot. Any advice on this list, keeping in mind its for learning the basics of CSM, would be greatly accepted =D
so im assuming you want to role down the Khorne path as far as army lists go, my above "fixes" will leave you with a few spare points to toss around but you will have a genraly solid list should you follow that :3 (with your spare points i would think about Pfists on your Nilla Marine champs)

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Chaos Termi Lord: 155
Mark of Khorne
Daemon Weapon
personally i find that a MoK DW is not as good as an "undivided" DW (+1 Strength is better than extra attacks)...also where is this guy gonna go? going alone = quick death

Chaos Terminators(4 + champ) : 215
Icon of Khorne
Combi-melta(1)
Heavy flamer
Chain fist(1)
sounds like your gonna deep strike these guys, i recommend all four have combi meltas if you want to take out tanks, 1-2 chainfists can be included, or take 3 combi flamers & the heavy flamer for anit infantry. the current set up doesnt flow really well - multitasking units dont work well IMHO; currently ive been thinking of using MoT with my termies, since a 4+ invul is way better than 5+

Chaos Glory
Melta
Flamer
Power weapon
either go 2 meltas or 2 flamers

Rhino
TL bolter
Havoc Launcher
Extra Armor
drop the extra armor - why waste 30 points on an AV 11 APC, they 9/10 times get a 4+ on the pinning chart sometime in the game

Chaos Glory
Melta
Flamer
Power weapon
see above

Rhino
TL bolter
Havoc Launcher
Extra Armor
see above

Chaos Glory
Melta
Flamer
Power weapon
see above

Rhino
TL bolter
Havoc Launcher
Extra Armor
see above

good choice

TL Lascannon
Heavy Bolters
Daemonic Possession
Havoc Launcher
ok, this is a waste of points: drop demonic possession; drop the TLLC to the generic autocannon; UPgrade the HBs to Las; the Havoc launcher i think is a waste of points

so this is gets a "B" in my book, its a nice efficient list, doesnt have much to take out MCs / heavy tanks (LRs & monoliths)

but the basic plans are there, nice to lists that dont include cult troops (A+), just some things need to be worked out

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Basically just an add on of what the other two heretic have just said. You do have great versatility of ranged weapons. However, your squads effectiveness in going into close quarters is a different matter. Power Weapons generally are no good. Most of the time you'll be happy to get one kill with them. In this age the powerfist is essential to have in each squad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well to start off. I don't like how the lord is looking. With the list you're envolving him in I don't see where he could fit in. Assuming the terminators arn't footslogging and are deepstriking ofcourse. IoK is pointless on the terminators, it's really of no use. I like to increase the survivability of my guys so I generally run for the IoT with combi-meltas on all of the termies. Ocassional chain fist. The lord with his current set up, looks like he can't help out with the rest of the list anyway. Considering there is quite a wide variety as to what you can have on you're lord Khorne doesn't win there for me.

For you're troop choices as pointed out above, take off the upgrades on the rhinos, they won't help thaat much. Powerfist in each and two meltas instead of the flamer. Though it does depend heavily on who you're going to be facing alot, for me I find the meltas more useful but if you know you'll be face Geqs then flamers are ok, BUT ONLY IF HE HAS SWARM based armies. Berzerkers are favoured by alot of people for their overall epicness, but I don't like them all too much. Yes, they can chew through just about anything or anyone in CC but i'd rather I don't get wrapped up too much in CC.

Obliterators are a yes in everyones book, just because you can't go wrong with them. They hang back and blast away or pop up behind enemy lines, being given the option really is great. I'm not one to hate on predators because I don't see them as being a 'Bad' choice, but they are better things that the CSM have in their arsenal. For Example the epic, defiler. Simply one of the coolest models i've seen and quite capable of doing some damage, given you play them right. Swapping the predator for defilers is a big yes yes. Note though, that the defilers attract some serious fire power, cover is essential for early rounds where the focus will be on the big scary spider like machine/demon with a cannon sticking out it's gut.

There are a lot of fun ways you can play chaos space marines, going for the basic Chaos Space dudes isn't one of them. In my opinion, but they still are quite competatively sound, considering they don't have many draw backs more focused, cultists may have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts