Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello those in heresy land!

First time poster, longtime lurker (/lictor :D )

Anyway, so with the new codex dropping, thought I'd make a stab at rebooting my nid army that I have neglected for many years. So here's what I've got, see what you think:

HQ – 365pts
Hive Tyrant
-Wings
-Twin-linked Devourer with brainleech worms
-Lashwhip & Bonesword

Deathleaper

Troops – 270pts
Warriors (x3)
Warriors (x3)
Warriors (x3)

Fast Attack - 330pts
Hive Crone
-Stinger Salvo

Hive Crone
-Stinger Salvo

Heavy Support – 520pts
Mawloc
Mawloc

Carnifex brood (x2)
-Spine banks (x2)

1495pts

Hope the list is kinda self explanatory. Warriors keep the carnifexes in check, hive tyrant and mawlocs cause enough havoc to keep the enemy busy while leaper picks on the weak (and messes with psyker HQs) and the crones keep the skies clear while vectoring anything which needs immediate attention.

I am tempted to swap the crones for harpies, keeping the stinger salvo so they can have a crack at flyers (str 5 so at best glances) while improving the effectiveness of death from the skies.

Any criticism is welcome, I have a tough chitin layer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really?
I understand the forum rules state I can't do a full point rundown but I've done the numbers 3 times and get that number for a hive tyrant with upgrades and Deathleaper

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I get the same numbers as shadow, FatMantis.

Shadow, that's a scary list on paper, but you'll only be deploying 12 to 13 units on the board at 1500 points turn one, so I'd be interested to hear how they survive. If you can close and engage, I think this list will do some nasty things. I' be tempted to take reserve boosters somehow to get those Mawlocs into the fray as soon as I could though, since they are a significant chunk of your points.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
sorry guys my bad,, i must be getting old didnt see the death leaper just the h/tyrant..should stop posting at 5 in the morning hahah

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the reply guys (and sorry for my late one)!

you'll only be deploying 12 to 13 units on the board at 1500 points turn one
Yes, that is an issue. I've been trying to steer away from the horde due to the fact I have very little small stuff to field. But at the same time, there is that feeling you get when you field just a board of monsters and watching your opponents face drop.

I am still not sure exactly how much of the army to field. I was thinking if I had first turn I'd go for everything but the mawlocs on the board and hope they don't seize, getting the flying monstrosities to work straight away.

' be tempted to take reserve boosters somehow to get those Mawlocs into the fray as soon as I could though
Yes, I have thought that. But what can I go for? Is it mainly a comms relay? Can nids even use one?

Also guys, have you had any experience with the Crones? I'm still trying to weigh up if I prefer them to harpies. The Str 8 vector strike is very nice, but feel that having only 4 tentaclids and a flamer template makes them less efficient than a harpy. But of course they have separate roles, one for ground and one for the air.
It has become necessary round my end to have anti-air, but does that mean I'm stuck with the Crone? I considered two harpies with stinger salvo instead to not only give me some more points but also to give me a unit which can target both the ground and air (if quite poorly, str 5 isn't exactly making anything quiver in its metal box)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts