Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i'd post up my fluffy Dante wing. Played a couple of games and havent lost yet (touch wood)!

HQ

Dante - 225 pts

Librarian - JP, Lance and sheild - 125 pts

Elites

2 Sang priests - pwr swords, JP's, melta bombs - 190 pts

Troops

5x Sang guard - 2 infernus, 1 fist - 230pts

5x Sang guard - 1 infernus, 1 fist - 220pts

5x Sang guard - 1 infernus, 1 fist - 220pts

Fast

Baal - Hvy bolters, ass cannon - 145 pts

Baal - Hvy bolters, ass cannon - 145 pts

I currently reserve everything, baals outflanking or not depending on mission and/or opposing deployment. I always roll reserves on the baal's first and then choose if i reroll my decent of angels squads depending on what is already coming in.

Dante rolls with the 2 infernus squad and 1 preist for a pinpoint strike on armour. The other priest and libby bubble wrap the 2 other squads.

Its a very hit and miss list but has a very nasty counter charge and a very small footprint letting me pick and choose my fights.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Pretty standard Dante list but I'd drop the Baals as good as they are; two pieces of armour is just asking for trouble. Consider Chaplains to re-roll to hit as well. So then all units will have FnP, furious charge and re-roll to hit - nasty!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd say drop the Baals and the Meltabombs on the Sang Priests. If you want s8, go with Fists. If you want melta, well, you've already got quite a few Infernus pistols in those sang guard squads. With the points you save on the Baals, maybe get a Storm Raven? Or maybe get another Priest and another squad of Sang Guard, because right now you're somewhat low on model count. 3 Troop choices of 5 men each? Not good odds, from where I sit.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Drop 2 Av13 models for 1 Av12 super expensive stormraven? Good idea but no not for me.

If I ever do drop the Baals i'd be dropping in a dev squad I think and then something else for about 100 points. Possibly scouts with a locator...

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I run with Dante I usually have (usually @1850)

Dante
Libby JP Unleashed Rage, Shield
3x Sang Priest (2x JP)
Sang guard w/ 2x infernus, PF and Banner
2x 10 man ASM 2x melta and PF
5 man scout squad w/ sniper rifle, cammo cloaks and ML
2x 10 man Dev squad each w/ 4 ML

Combat squad the Dev's into four 5 man squads each w/ 2 ML's and the non-JP priest hangs back with them (hopefully giving 2 or more of the 5 man squads fnp). Libby goes with 1 ASM and priest either in reserve for DS or on the board, the second ASM usually starts on the board but can reserve as well, scouts will typically infiltrate to a good firing position in cover (hopefully near a objective in objective games). Dante, sang guard and priest always in reserve and pop behind the biggest threat when they come in.

Dev's are pretty good long range support (don't forget the deargents signum for bs5 shots) and fairly difficult to remove if they are in cover and have fnp. Dev's should easily be able to pop transports for the most part and hopefully stun heavies. Scouts have decent long range support as well as a 3+ cover save typically thanks to their cloaks (don't forget to go to ground if they take a lot of wounds +2 cover save is a life saver).

I've had a lot of fun with this build and a decent win/loss ratio at my local shop. It may not be the most competitive army out there, but it can definitely be scary to your enemies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts