Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and girls, been playing with a few list ideas for a while now. This one is the one has the greatest potential, but wanted some fresh pairs of eyes on it to see what you think.

Champions of Fenris - Company of the Great wolf Detachment
HQ
Wolf Guard Battle Leader
-Runic Armour
-Thunderwolf mount
-Storm shield
-Krakenbone sword

Elites
Wolf guard terminators (x3)
-Wolf claws (x2)
-Thunder hammer and storm shield
-Stormwolf

Iron priest
-Thunderwolf mount

Iron priest
-Thunderwolf mount

Fast Attack
Thunderwolf cavalry (x3)
-Storm shields (x2)
-Meltabomb (x1)

Thunderwolf cavalry (x3)
-Storm shields (x2)
-Meltabomb (x1)

Heavy support
Long Fangs (x3)
-Lascannons (x2)

Long Fangs (x3)
-Lascannons (x2)

Long Fangs (x4)
-Missile Launcher with flakk (x3)

Officio Assassinorum Detachment
Culexus Assassin

Wolf guard battle leader teams up with the Iron priests to create a pretty nasty combat unit of death. Culexus infiltrates as close as possible and acts as interference. Stormwolf provides nice bit of anti-anything really, while its cargo kick back inside till the late stages and hop out to smash heads late game. If the wolf goes up in flames while in the air, the invul saves improve the chance of at least one surviving, and sometimes that one dude is all you need.

Rest of the list...CHARGE!

Thought there is a decent amount of threats on the board to keep fire split between the units, or focused solely on one to give the rest a chance to move up. Another idea was to move things round to get a rune priest in each wolf unit on a bike casting biomancy to make the wolves ridiculously hard to kill (Endurance anyone?), but really does rely on a good psychic phase, whereas this cares little.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I love the list man. The kradenbone and TWC are the shit. What I'm not crazy about though are the iron priests. For the same points you can get two TWC and a power fist that bring more attacks, more wounds, and higher WS. You just lose the 2+ save, but plasma doesn't care either way. It's actually a plus against grav.

I know you need the 2 elite slots to make the list legal, but if it were me, I'd see if I couldn't take that stormwolf as a fast attack, maybe grab two dreadnoughts with pods to fill the elite slots, and drop the terminators and priests. That should leave you some points to turn your WGBL into a Wolf Lord for some real CC killy, and a spare pod for a long fang squad to drop empty later.

The idea I use with the pods is that when you drop two dreadnought pods turn one, you can block LOS to your thunderwolves as well as stick a threat in your opponents face, letting you charge forward mostly untargeted. Again, that's just me. But even without my input it should be a fun list as is.

And kudos to your long fang squads. I often run three man squads. They still put out great damage and since they're cheap, I don't mind if I lose them. Especially if that means my opponent is targeting them instead of something else that could be a bigger threat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts