Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm fairly new to WH40K, I used to be a WHFB player, but a little while ago my friend wanted to get into WH40K so I decided to dust of my Daemons which had been sitting on a shelf for the past 3 years and start building an army again. I have had some trouble at first since I have never played a WH40K battle before but I have been reading up on army lists on this forum and I think I have finally mannaged to put a decent list together. I'm anxious to hear what you guys think about it but please keep in mind that this is supposed to be a FUN* list and by no means something I would dare enter into a tournament with.

HQ, 420PTS

GUO
Greater Reward

KOS
2 Greater Reward

Troops, 475PTS

20 Plaguebearers

10 Plaguebearers

20 Daemonettes
Allures
Lesser Reward
Instrument of Chaos

Fast Attack, 151PTS

3 Plague Drones of Nurgle
Plaguebringer
Lesser Reward
Icon of Chaos

Heavy Support, 445PTS

DP
Daemon of Nurgle
daemonic flight
Warp-forged armour
Greater Reward
Psyker (Mastery Level 1)

Soul Grinder
Daemon of Nurgle
Phlegm Bombardment

Total, 1491PTS

Yeah yeah I know I have a thing for Greater Daemons, I can't help myself even though they cost a f*ckton of points.

The basic idea was to have the KOS and Daemonettes either deployed on the table or in reserve, depending on the situation and the amount of ground they would have to cover. If Deep Striking the Drones work as a homing beacon and with a single succesful reserve roll the Daemonettes would drag the KOS with them onto the field while my GUO struts around wiggling his slimy *ss drawing as much fire as possible. I'm not entirely sure about what more upgrades I would want to give to my Greater Daemons hence why I'm 99 points short of 1,500 but I was thinking of putting more Plaguebearers in for what points I had left after upgrades. I took a DP instead of a second Soul Grinder because, well for starters my Be'Lakor model had been catching dust for the past 3 years, but mainly because I really liked the idea of him jumping around cover picking off small elite squads.

So what do you guys think? I know I wouldn't stand much of a chance on a tournament but is this list viable?

Fun* would be the warpstorm table f*cking both myself and my opponent over while still kicking a significant amount of *ss with my big scary models:grin:

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yup, looks fun. And I agree, another 11 Plaguebearers is the way to go with the last 99 points, bulking out the squads you have. I'd probably go with a squad of 20 that deep strikes in and a squad of 11 that starts on the board on the rear end of the field or in plain old normal reserve, sneaking on by foot to grab a home objective.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have another 10 Plaguebearer models lying around so fielding a big squad of 20 and a small one of 10 shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for your feedback!:grin:

Updated my original post and added in the Plaguebearers. Looks pretty awesome!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Alternatively, I guess you could drop 4 Plaguebearers and add in a second Greater Reward to your GUO and ML2 on one of your monsters. Your choice, of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts