Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And so I find myself here, this time as an actual space marine rather than an on-looker. So been playing against my Space marine friend for a while and I've ended up succumbing to the side of good for a change (don't trust the tricksy Eldar precious!).

Been doing some proxy games and landed on a list that I feel very happy with. Had great success from it, not had much of a chance to trial it out against blobs but feel it wouldn't be a complete disaster...maybe...perhaps if I pray to the dark go...I mean...the Emperor yes...ahem...

So here's what I've got:
Primary Detachment: Raven Guard
Total: 803pts
HQ – 6*pts
Librarian

Troops – 230pts
Tactical Squad (x5)
-Meltagun
-Rhino

Tactical Squad (x5)
-Meltagun
-Rhino

Elites – 308pts
Sternguard (x6)
-Meltagun

Sternguard (x6)
-Meltagun

Heavy Support – 200pts
Thunderfire Cannon

Thunderfire Cannon

Allied Detachment: Iron Hands
Total: 495pts

HQ – 130pts
Librarian
-Mastery Level 2
-Terminator Armour
-Storm shield
-Meltabombs

Troops – 95pts
Tactical Squad (x5)
-Missile launcher with flakk

Heavy Support – 270pts
Centurion Devastators squad (x3)
-Grav-cannons and grav-amps (x2)

For Sgt:
-Twin-linked Lascannon
-Omni-scope
-Missile Launcher

Inquisition - 1**pts
Coteaz

Fortifications - 1**pts
ADL with Quadgun

Grand Total: 1498pts

So what have we got here then?
Right, Coteaz and Iron hands libby go with the centurions. Coteaz goes double divination (Prescience + Whatever) and Libby either goes double Telepathy or Bio and Tele. This unit will start the game behind the wall and use coteaz's "I've been expecting to" to stop turn 1 drop pod bad behaviour. From there they will slowly advance up the board, taking advantage of the libby's storm shield for ap2 and under, and every other goodness that comes from powers and being iron hands.
The Iron hands tactical squad man the Quadgun.

Meanwhile, the Raven guard tactical squads and sternguard use their ability to outflank, coming on whether they please, be it midfield or right in the enemies mist (had the enjoyable time of tank shocking and scaring off a tau gunline on the 2nd turn with multiple failed morale tests). Libby is basically there to act as the 1 compulsory HQ, so doesn't really matter who he goes with. Tends to go with tact squad just for the sake of ease.
Thunderfire cannons sit back in a lovely bolstered ruin (yes, I know I can't bolster a piece of terrain twice) and just pummel the enemy senseless.

Very few models on the board turn 1, but the units are tough enough to survive until everyone's on the board. Considering moving some points over to get a hunter, but not certain. What do you guys think? If all goes to plan hoping to go to throne of skulls this march with this list, so any comments or criticisms would be great!

Cheers
ROTC

1 - 1 of 1 Posts