Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So teaming up with my blood angels mate for a doubles game in the new year. Put off building a list until his new dex came out. He seemed fairly chuffed with how the book turned out.

Anyway, we have come up with the following list, wanted to run it past you guys and see what you think:

Blood angels (Baal strike force detachment)
HQ
Astorath

Troops
Tactical squad (x5)
-Melta bomb
-Inferno pistol (x2)
-Meltagun
-Drop pod

Tactical squad (x5)
-Hand flamer (x2)
-Heavy flamer
-Rhino

Elites
Death Company Squad (x9)
-Jump packs (x9)
-Power fist (x2)

Space wolves (Champions of Fenris detachment)
HQ
Rune Priest

Elites
Iron priest
-Thunderwolf mount

Iron priest
-Thunderwolf mount

Fast Attack
Thunderwolf cavalry (x3)
-Storm shield (x1)
-Leader with Storm shield and Wolf claw

Thunderwolf cavalry (x3)
-Storm shield (x1)
-Leader with Storm shield and Wolf claw

Heavy support
Long Fangs (x3)
-Lascannons (x2)

Long Fangs (x3)
-Lascannons (x2)

Total: 1497pts

Rune priest goes with a long fang unit, both of which sit tight in cover with the best field of view.
One iron priest with each thunderwolf unit.
Astorath (obviously) keeps an eye on the death company.

As for tactics...move, run, growl/sparkle, repeat. Every unit is dangerous in its own right and its up to the enemy to respond to the threats accordingly.

No one is planning on running flyers so that shouldn't be an issue. Long range anti-tank is a little short (not sure who we are facing yet, could be CSM/Daemons, IH/WS or N/N) but hoping the melta, lascannons and number of high strength attacks should be enough.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I love the Blood Angel side, holy fuck did I overlook that Tactical squads can take Hand Flamers and Inferno Pistols.

Don't know anything about Space Wolves unfortunately.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the feedback.

Yeah, I didn't believe he could do that till I read it myself. Seems a very nasty way to go, even if the pistols are short ranged and the flamers aren't as strong as their larger counterparts.

And Yeah, my spacewolves haven't let me down so far. Taken the main core of my regular force which seems to fair well. Every loss is a huge blow but its fun to stampede down the board instead of sitting in cover and praying. But even I'm not daft to bring a little range, even if it is minuscule.

Personally would not want to face up against a full 15 man death company unit with Astorath though without some vindicator support!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Seems a very nasty way to go, even if the pistols are short ranged and the flamers aren't as strong as their larger counterparts.
The Inferno Pistols reeeeally leave you out there with a 40-50 point model since that 3" Melta range puts you out front and close. Arguably, a Combi-Melta is the more reliable (and way cheaper) way to go for a T1 melta strike in this squad....but fuck that shit. Gunslinger wins.

The Hand Flamers are one of my favourite under used weapons. I have played dual ones on my Assault sergeant for some time, four templates in the shooting phase and three on Overwatch is a lot of fun for getting the dice rolling. Damn shame Gunslinger only helps out dual pistols in the Shooting Phase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts