Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm still not sure what kind of CSM army list to go for it's starting to annoy me and im thinking of playing something else, but don't ask me what that is cause i have no idea!

HQ
Chaos lord - 110 pts
- Power weapon
- Personal Icon

ELITES
Chaos Dreadnought - 125 pts
- Twin-linked lascannon

TROOPS
8 chaos space marines - 205 pts
- Champ
- Power fist
- 2 x flamers
- Rhino
8 chaos space marines - 210 pts
- Champ
- Power weapon
- 2 x melta guns

15 chaos space marines - 295 pts
- Champ
- Power fist
- 2 x plasma guns

- Champ
- Power fist
- 2 x plasma guns

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator - 135 pts
- Turret mounted lascannon
- Heavy bolter side sponsons

Predator - 135 pts

This comes to 1,500 pts

All C&C are welcomed thanks for reading

·
Registered
109 Posts
Your second Marine squad is not added correctly. Unless you forgot to add something to the list that we can not see. they real points total is 170. Even if you add a rhino it still is short 5 points.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
swap the 2 plasma and 2 melta guns from teh 8 man and 15 man squads.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
honestly i'd drop the dreadnoughts right out of the picture. there are better elite choices that don't kill your own shit when you don't want it to. i find myself partail to possessed and terminators, i'd probably spot in one set of those if you could find the points, or go for filling the third heavy slot to replace the fire power. however this is my personal experiance talking.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i don't see what that icon on your lord is for. so you might want to exchange it for a mark. Get rid of the dread(imo), even though they are fun they can be a pain to deal with. Use those points to give your preads some extra armour and maybe give your lord a daemon weapon.
Good list, but curious as to how you would use it?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
HQ
Chaos lord - 110 pts
- Power weapon
- melta bombs

TROOPS
8 chaos space marines - 205 pts
- Champ
- Power fist
- 2 x flamers
- Rhino

8 chaos space marines - 215 pts
- Champ
- Power weapon
- 2 x melta guns
- Rhino

- Champ
- Power fist
- 2 x plasma guns

- Champ
- Power fist
- 2 x plasma guns

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator - 135 pts

Predator - 135 pts

5 chaos space marines - 110 pts
- lascannon

Allos:thanks for stopping out the wrong points

CATzeentch: why the lord has a icon was due to i was going to have termies but then a i didn't and i forgot to take it off, I have no idea how i will use this army I’ve never played any type of marine army before so I’m just kinda going with what i like and stuff like that.

ok with a few point problems and dropping the dread this is my new list i've worked out what you think?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
For 2 special/heavy weapons you need 10 in the CSM squads. Your 8-man squads are illegal with 2 special weapons. IMO, there's not a good reason to field more than 10 CSMs in a squad. 10 gets you a heavy weapon and a special weapon or two special weapons. Your 15-man squads with no transports and short ranged rapid fire weaponry should really be reconsidered.Your havoc squad with 4 lascannons cost 215 points total, not 110. It's 75 points just to have the 5 guys without any heavy weapons. Unless they've only got 1 lascannon, at which point you may as well use an obliterator.

Other than that it's a pretty decent list.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
i like the new list better, a subjestion however, i do not trust plasma...especailly rapid fire plasma.. just be sure to fire those when you know their only firing one shot each.. its safer.. you may also want to find a way to give your havocs an icon of tzeentch.. a 5+ invuln save is excellent for such a sqaud and give you more options on placement aswell as a better survivablity rate. i'd also take 2 guy from each of the 15 man squads and put them with the 8 man squads and the rest i would put in the havoc squad to cushion the las with more wounds. go with 10 man squads except with the havocs, fill it as high as points will allow. the longer your lascannons survive the more your enemy will loose if you pick your targets accordingly. best of luck to you with the list, it looks good so far. may the servants of the imperium tremble before your power.

·
Registered
328 Posts
No icon of tzeentch as more often than not your going to be in cover, so thats 40 points less. EXTRA ARMOUR! Culler has a point. You might as well go with obliterators as they are the only unit(besides dreads) that can use plasma cannons. Besides who cares if you over heat? you have 2 wounds and a 2+ armour.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HQ
Chaos lord - 110 pts
- Power weapon
- icon

ELITES
6 Terminators - 205 pts
- 2 x Chainfist
- 2 x combi meltas

TROOPS
10 chaos space marines - 235 pts
- Champ
- Power fist
- 2 x flamer
- Rhino

9 chaos space marines - 220 pts
- Champ
- Power fist
- melta gun
- Rhino

FAST ATTACK
6 bikers - 268 pts
- Champ
- Power fist
- 2 x melta gun
- Icon of CG

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator - 150 pts
- Extra armour

Predator - 150 pts
- Extra armour

6 havocs - 160 pts
- 2 x Lascannon

1,498 points in total

culler: thanks for pointing that out with the weapons

well i'm putting this list out it's alot more well aggressive i think i still have fire support for when they advanced also the termies maybe before battle can be split up into little 3 man units depends on who im fighting.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The termies are actually 220, not 205. and the havocs with 2 lascannons is good, but for the same price you can throw down 2 oblits. Good list.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HQ
Chaos lord - 110 pts
- Power weapon
- icon

ELITES
6 Terminators - 220 pts
- 2 x Chainfist
- 2 x combi meltas