20 night Gobos
Boss, 3 fanatics, nets

10 Forest goblin spider riders
full command, Bows

20 Black orcs
Full command

3 river trolls

1 Boar chariot

The main idea is to use the Black orcs as the hammer, the spider riders are joined by the boss to draw fire and race across the field followed by the chariots. then the Night goblins and boyz follow behind to tie up any threats until they can be dealt with along with the trolls.
Poaint came out to roughhly around 1300 or so give or take havent finished putting the army together yet and this is still a rough draft, so any thoughts or comments would be great.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I take it these are the only models you own? Then I will try to comment on the list while keeping the same units ... My comments will be below your unit in purple.

1 Black orc boss
Boar, Heavy Armor, Ulag Akrits Axe
He needs a shield, and I personally prefer Martog's Best Basha. Could put an enchanted shield on him for massive armor, or take the best boss hat if you take MBB instead of ulag's akrit axe.

20 Boyz
Full command, add Choppa
These would be far better with shields, not choppas. If you do have any more try to get them to 25.

20 night Gobos
Boss, 3 fanatics, nets
This unit is going to panic and lose it's fanatics a great deal of the time. I generally go by the rule 1 fanatic at 20, 2 at 25, and 3 at thirty. More than the recommended dosage loses you points usually.

10 Forest goblin spider riders
full command, Bows
Take off bows, you'll want to be going through terrain a lot and won't be able to fire very well. Split the unit into two of 5, with just a musician, the others are not very good for this unit and you do not want your enemy capturing your standards.

20 Black orcs
Full command
If you are taking these at least add shields. They'll die to missile fire if you don't.

3 river trolls
Downgrade to reg troll, all the troll upgrades are horribly over priced.

1 Boar chariot
Add another boy to the chariot if you can. Make sure to use them in conjunction with a block of infantry.

These suggestions will help your start into warhammer a great deal easier. Happy hunting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts