Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't have all the kinks worked out yet, probably never really will, so for now I will just put up a basic overview.

Name: Æsir

Founding Chapter: Space Wolves (Don't freak out quite yet)

Founding: 13th founding

Chapter Master(High King): Merovin

Home world: Týr

Fortress-Monastery: Ásgarðr/Asgard (don't know which to go with)

Main Colors: Black, dark purple and gold.

Specialty: Psykers and combating chaos space marines.

War Cry: For the Wolf King!

Numbers: 1100

Yes, I am aware that the Space Wolves have no recorded successor chapters but since there are no records of the chapters created during the dark founding I hoped it would resolve the issue.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was under the impression that new chapters were created from the geneseed reserves held on mars which would be shipped to a the home world of the fledgling chapter along with a small group from the founding chapter that would include its first commander of the chapter who would then set up the necessary facilities. IOW the numbers of the parent chapter were close to irrelevant.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Well I was under the impression that new chapters were created from the geneseed reserves held on mars which would be shipped to a the home world of the fledgling chapter along with a small group from the founding chapter that would include its first commander of the chapter who would then set up the necessary facilities. IOW the numbers of the parent chapter were close to irrelevant.
I wasn't refuting the the possibility of your chapter- I think it's very plausible that a 13th Founding Chapter could be drawn from Russ's geneseed- I was marvelling at Tuck3r and his reasoning that the Heresy/Scouring couldn't have accounted for that many Space Wolves' lives

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As was I. Lol

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eventually, I recently changed the name of the chapter and decided to go with a different feel so I need to reconcile that with my current fluff, maybe in a week or two I will have it done.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about changing the name of the planet. What do you guys prefer, Midgard or Tyr?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Jörmungandr, the world serpent array.
The Jörmungandr array is an orbital defense ring in orbit around the planet Týr that is situated above the equatorial line. It's surface is dotted with las weapons turrets, torpedo tubes and point defense lasers. It is capable of engaging all manners of attackers and also serves as a dock yard for the Æsir fleet.

Just the basics for now but regardless, how is it?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
No fluff yet but here is Merovins stat line.

Merovin, High King of the Æsir

WS:6-BS:5-S:6-T:4-W:4-I:6-A:4-LD:10 SV:3+/3+

Special Rules: Counter attack, Eternal Warrior, FNP, Alpha psyker, Symbol of War and A Warrior Apart

Alpha psyker: The psyker may choose to use up to 2 different psykic powers from the SW codex
per turn.

Symbol of War: All friendly units within 12" may use Merovin’s LD value.

A Warrior Apart: May not join other units.

Wargear: Wolftooth necklace, bolt pistol, Bane of the Gods, Armor of the Merovin and two Immortals.

Bane of the Gods: Counts as a master crafted ruinic weapon.

Armor of the High King: Artificer armor which grants a 3+ armor save and a 3+ inv save.

Immortals

WS:5-BS:4-S:4-T:4-W:2-I:4-A:2-LD:10 SV:2+/5+

Special Rules: Counter attack, FNP, ATSKNF

Wargear: Blades of the Immortals, Terminator armor, Storm Bolter.

Blades of the Immortals: Counts as frost blades.

POINTS-500

·
Registered
962 Posts
love your Jörmungandr idea i mean thats just epic. I made a Norse army. The homeworld was Niffelheim (cant remember the armies name, it was a long time ago) and their leader was Hrym.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys and thanks for the catch, I have not quite figure out why he would be S6 but I feel that should be enough tbh. I am going to wound most things on a 2+ anyway so 7 is kinda overkill considering what he can already do. What do you guys feel about a MC runic weapon?

@vortex
Thanks man, I thought it was ok. Lol

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's his psykic ability. He is a telekinetic, I just included it in his stat line. I was going to make up a few psykic powers for him.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well what would you prefer to see happen, a S5 with a +1 from the sword with different powers specific to him? I was thinking of going with that instead.

·
Registered
716 Posts
He shall be the first of his kind. A librarian that can beat up a Chapter master. lol i like how Merovin is as strong as a Daemon prince. seeing as Daemon princes are over centuries old and have the power of the warp imbued in their form. GW only makes them weak and has them die left and right only because they can be recycled because their daemons. so sure, this dameon is so awesome and everything but lets let him be killed because he can just reincarnate 1k or 2k years later. I see that in a shit load of black library books now and its annoying.

·
Registered
716 Posts
But overall this fluff is very norse mythology. so i wonder...... when do the ice giants come into play? lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts