The four riders of the apocalypse (2400 Wood Elves) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-14, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Default The four riders of the apocalypse (2400 Wood Elves)

Hi, I'm very new to Warhammer and in need of some help. I've created an army list that has a story but I'm not sure how playable it is and if it works out rule wise! I also got some points left, dunno what to do about them. And yes, lords are more than 25% but are atm planning on the Nagash rule change of 50% lords rule. I will start with the summary and then make a little longer version with my story idea.

So here is the summary:

(Spellweaver): Acorns of the Ages; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Dark Magic; Asrai longbow; Unicorn 385
(Glade Lord): Moonstone of the Hidden Ways; Armour of Destiny; additional hand weapon; moonfire shot; Elven Steed 262

(Naestra & Arahan): Ceithin-Har (Forest Dragon) 495

(10 Glade Guard): hagbane tips; musician 160
(10 Glade Guard): hagbane tips; musician 160
(20 Eternal Guard): shields; musician; standard bearer (Banner of Swiftness) 275

(13 Wildwood Rangers): musician; standard bearer (Banner of Eternal Flame) 173

(Treeman): Strangleroots 245
(10 Waywatchers) 200

2 355 points

The idea is that the Glade Lord is supposed to be together with the Wildwood Rangers, so he can teleport into woods that is feared with them and get the bonuses.
How playable is this? What could/should I change?

The story!
The four riders of the apocalypse!
Everyone knows the story about the four horsemen. My idea from the beginning was to make that one but with unicorns. They was supposed to be an awesome killing machine of doom. The biggest problem was the all WE couldn't ride them. So had to change that plan. The second problem was the cost of the Lords and Heroes was WAY to big. So ended up like this instead.

Every rider has a region named in () after them. That is where in the map of our great forest they dwell. And through lore reading where I've found where specific units fit to come from. So hopefully you can see my vision. I will also name the model I've found fit my champions.

Conquest (Arranoc) & War (Tirsyth) (Naestra & Arahan): Ceithin-Har (Forest Dragon) 495

"Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer."

"When He broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come.” And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him."

MODEL: Naestra & Arahan on Forest Dragon

Famine (Atylwyth) (Spellweaver): Acorns of the Ages; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Dark Magic; Asrai longbow; Unicorn 385

"When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine.”

MODEL: Nurgle Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount

Death (Modryn) (Glade Lord): Moonstone of the Hidden Ways; Armour of Destiny; additional hand weapon; moonfire shot; Elven Steed 262

"When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth."

MODEL: Count Mannfred

Arranoc (10 Glade Guard): hagbane tips; musician 160
Atylwyth (20 Eternal Guard): shields; musician; standard bearer (Banner of Swiftness) 275

Modryn (13 Wildwood Rangers): musician; standard bearer (Banner of Eternal Flame) 173

Tirsyth (Treeman): Strangleroots 245
Modryn (10 Waywatchers) 200

2 355 points

I would love some input!

Yours sincerely
KAngel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-14, 12:23 AM
So be it.

Hello! This seems like a really cool theme. How much of this do you have already? And what kind of feedback do you want? As in your theme and/or competitiveness?

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-14, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Hello! This seems like a really cool theme. How much of this do you have already? And what kind of feedback do you want? As in your theme and/or competitiveness?
I don't own much at all. 20 Eternal guards and 16 glade guards. I'm gonna buy more when I've a playable list.

I would like all kind of feedback. Mostly competitiveness. But if there is any suggestion on my theme I wouldn't mind. Two big questions I've is:

1. Could my glade lord on elven steed be together with wildwood rangers?

2. How much problem will I've that my spellweaver is on a unicorn and therefore a monstrous beast that will stand alone one the battlefield?

But if you have ANY idea or opinion about the list, please tell me.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-14, 02:14 PM
So be it.

Oh, sorry for the delay mate. I didn't see that you posted.

Since you already have the Eternal Guard models, I would actually drop the WWR; if your enemy is smart, he won't be in a forest, ever. It might be a good idea to replace them with Wild Riders - they're batshit crazy (so fit with the apocalypse theme) and very competitive. You could, theoretically, put the lord with the rangers, but I wouldn't personally. He doesn't get LoS and is slowed by them considerably.

Since your weaver isn't your general it's not all that bad to leave her in the open, but I would throw some sisters with her just in case someone does target her (which is fairly likely). They fit with her theme, and I always thought Eternal Guard are better for war anyway.

This would leave your 3 characters (sisters, unicorn, and glade lord), 20 glade guard, 20 eternal guard, the waywatchers, and maybe a treeman. If you need to, I would drop it for more wild riders and sisters.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #5 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! I've been looking over what you wrote and made this list. It includes the riders (which I agree fits the theme better).

Thanks for ur time!

/KAngel

Famine (Atylwyth) (Spellweaver): Acorns of the Ages; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Shadow; Elven Steed 340
Death (Modryn) (Glade Lord): Moonstone of the Hidden Ways; Armour of Destiny; Asrai spear; Elven Steed 258

Conquest (Arranoc) & War (Tirsyth) (Naestra & Arahan): Ceithin-Har (Forest Dragon) 495

Atylwyth (20 Eternal Guard): shields; musician; standard bearer 260

Atylwyth (5 Sisters of the Thorn): musician 140
Modryn (5 Wild Riders): musician; standard bearer (Banner of Eternal Flame) 160

Tirsyth (Treeman) 225
Modryn (10 Waywatchers) 200

2 398 points

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Wood Elves Army Lists

Tags
of the apocalypse , the four riders , wood elves

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode