Imrik, Ruling Prince of Caledor - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Imrik, Ruling Prince of Caledor

Standing aside the twins Tyrion and Teclis lies Imrik, the greatest of the Dragon Princes, and of the line of Caledor Dragontamer. Not since his own namesake has there been as consumate a warrior or master of beasts.

He was thought lost to the world as a child, when a group of the Caledorian princes took their children on a ritual visit to the dragon caves under Vauls Anvil. However, while there, they were ambushed by Druchii Assassins stealing the eggs of the slumbering dragons, and the party slain to a man- except for Imrik. Before he learned even his fathers name, Imrik had been taught the secret words of command through which Caledor and Aenarion were able to fight alongside the fierce creatures. With a cry, he called upon the dragons to assist, awaking one who had not fought since Aenarion's Death and the cretion of teh Great Vortex.

Minaithnir, son of Indraugnir, and nest-brother to Maedrenthnir, the mount of his namesake, awoke upon the scene of carnage. Sweeping the child up the great drake slaughtered the assassins. The child survived, and was returned to Tor Caled on the back of Minaithnir, causing great fear, for no dragon in living memory had been seen of that size, save for those who had fought against the Witch King, and survived, for Minaithnir is the father of even the fabled Star Dragons.

In the years since, Imrik has taken upon himself to try and resurrect the glory of the Dragon Princes, and once again use their strength in battle, and it is only he who has such strength to bring the greatest of the dragons to the waking world, and even then for the briefest of periods.

Imrik ascended to the throne of Caledor with the death of his cousin in battle against a pride of Manticore during a raid on the realm of Naggaroth. With the coming of the storm of chaos, and the renewed interest of the Druchii and their loathsome daemonic allies, the strength of Caledor will be tested to their greatest.

Imrik, Prince of Caledor

745pts
Code:
M | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld
5 | 8  | 7  | 4 | 3 | 3 | 10 | 4 | 10
Troop Type: Infantry

Mount: Minaithnir, Celestial Dragon

Special Rules
Words of Taming: No mount or Warbeast may allocate attacks to Imrik, although they are free to target Minaithnir. Any riders, stomp/thunderstomp or impact attacks however may be targetted on Imrik. This is extended to any type of Dragon.

Song of Awakening: Nobles may ride Sun Dragons for +230pts. Nobles riding Sun Dragons and Dragon Mages may be taken as a Rare choice, with up to 3 being taken for each choice.

Army of Caledor; If Imrik is taken, Swordmasters, White Lions, Phoenix Guard, Ellyrion Reavers, Tiranoc Chariots, or White Lion Chariots all count as Rare choices instead of Special.

Valour of Ages, Speed of Asuryan, Hate Dark Elves, Stubborn

Magic Items
Armour of the Dragontamer
Using his command of the merwyrms of the northern coasts of Ulthuan, Imrik was able to recover his ancestor's armour; thought lost since the days before the War of the Beard. It is said to incorporate the shed scales of the dragon Indraugnir, and is enchanted by the Caledor's own hand.

This suit of Dragon Armour provides a 1+ Armour Save. In addition, when working out the armour save modifier of attacks on Imrik, reduce the strength by 2. (So a S5 attack will wound Imrik on a 2+, but there's no armour save modifier.)

Star Lance - as per Army Book.

Minaithnir
Code:
M | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld
8 | 8  | 0  | 8 | 8 | 8 | 2 | 7 | 9
Troop Type: Monster

Special Rules:
Collosal Beast: The creature may only be wounded by attacks of Strength 4 or higher, and regardless of an attack’s strength, the great beast may never be wounded on better than a 4+.

If the great beast is subject to a magic spell or special attack that would cause it to be slain outright, it suffers D6 wounds instead.

This creature is so massive it can crush dozens beneath its bulk and
annihilate great swathes of men with a lash of its tail. The monster’s
Thunderstomp inflicts 2D6 hits.

Fury of the Dragons:
Minainthnir inflicts D6 Impact hits when he charges. In addition, he unleashes a huge roar, likely to cause the enemy to flee in sheer terror; add +D3 instead of the usual +1 for charging bonuses. Any friendly high elf in the same combat as Minaithnirwhen he charges may reroll failed break tests.

Dragon Fire:
S5 Breath Weapon.

Hates Dragon Ogres:
Unlike many of the other dragons still awake today, Minaithnir was around in the conflicts between Dragon Ogre and Shaggoth. He hates all Dragon Ogres, Shaggoths, and all special characters who are Dragon Ogres.

Large Target, Scaly Skin (1+), Immune to Psychology, Terror, Stubborn

Opinions? Meant to be a rival for some of the larger characters with the Storm of Magic, and Warhammer Forge coming out soon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 05-12-11 at 04:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 04:02 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Strength 5 ignoring armour seems a bit OTT - Strength 6 i would say. Still ignores armour of lightly armoured stuff but afford some chance of save for Heavily armour stuff. And considering there are no longer any partials it does seem particular over powered - just my opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Done. The reason being that I thought being once per game and not having a Ward Save, but if it's a bit too OTT, then there we go.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 04:11 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Breath weapons are always useable - its just in close combat that once per game that can be used for an extra 2D6 attacks - unless i missed something!

EDIT: Just noticed i only criticised - now for the good points - Fluff is excellent, stats are well rounded for the prince! and i like the options you have given in the army, it would definently fit with a Time of Legends battle!

I always like the fact High Elves have tiered dragons - its only right for the Dragon Lord himself to have an UBEROMG0DZ0R death dragon. Dragon stats are good i like them atleast.

Special rules: I like how you have given some good specials which dont over tip the balance. I.E cannot have mount attacks directed but stomp / thunderstomp still affects him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.

Last edited by effigy22; 05-12-11 at 04:15 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effigy22 View Post
Breath weapons are always useable - its just in close combat that once per game that can be used for an extra 2D6 attacks - unless i missed something!
You did. Pg.67 of the BRB, "A model with a Breath Weapon can use it to make a special attack once per game.....The form taht this special attack takes depends on whether or not the creature is in close combat."

Its one use only, but can be used as shooting or in close combat.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Imrik in like the 3rd ed HE book? Did you base him off of that? I like the rules, but i think allowing Nobles to ride dragons is a little much, not for the power or fluff, but rather because it would be a trememdous points sink. Since you would need a 3k army to even field Imrik, having another character on a dragon means you're sinking over 1k points into two characters. You will have a very small army indeed in that case.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Thank you for both your criticism's and feedback, really appreciate it.

@ Hiveminder - I had initially considered that, but I thought "why not?". If you want to take advantage of it, you can do. The reason I allowed it was to allow the BSB to be mounted on a Dragon - it states in Caledor from the Time of Legends series that Dorien was given the Standard of Caledor, while his two brothers were given their fathers Kingdom and their fathers sword respectively.

But yes, if you wanted, you could have at 4K;
Caledor
BSB Noble on Dragon
Noble on Dragon
Dragon Mage
Dragon Mage

Leaving you with about 1700points to spend if you so wished (including 700points on Dragon Princes on Horseback if you so wish).

I do not have 3rd Edition High Elves, but he was certainly in 6th Edition. That was where I'm basing him from. I'd give him the Dragonhorn, but felt instead that someone else could have that if they wanted (so that you'd get a Champion, Musician and Standard Bearer =D). I was initially going to put it as one of the benefits for charging, but then realised that it would be a bit too much, so tried to equate it to a localized effect - hence the reroll. Although I dread to think exactly what would cause so much damage that:

4 S7 ASF Armour Ignoring Attacks
2D6 S5 Autohits
8 S8 Attacks
2D6 Thunderstomps
+D3 Combat Resolution
Ranked up unit, Standard, and their inflicted wounds

would still cause enough damage to break the High Elves after all the damage it's taken.

On the bright side, you can guarantee that they'll hold it up JUST that little bit more.

Quote:
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 05:13 PM

Under the 'Army of Caledor' you should add that Dragon Princes may be taken as Core choices.

Give him a 'revamped' Dragon horn that EITHER causes all enemy monsters/monsterous mounts to take a monster reaction test/Stupidity test on their basic LD with no benefits from BSB or Army Generals,
OR
Gives all Friendly Monsters/Monsterous mounts Hatred for D3 turns.

And maybe up his points to 770 if you like these suggestions?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 06:13 PM

Daemon Prince Paintbox's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey, I'm just reading Caledor now so when I saw the word Imrik in the recent threads bit I couldn't help but click. I've had High Elves for the past 6 years and was a bit miffed when Imrik was taken out of the new codex. But I think this fluff and the reasoning's behind it all is awesome.

Although 1 thing, Stomp and Thunderstomp only work on infantry sized models, how can a horse kick Imrik in the head when he's well above them.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together, it made me smile.

http://www.daemonprincepaintbox.com/home.html

Check out my latest blogs, gallery or leave a message. Available for commissions.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post

But yes, if you wanted, you could have at 4K;
Caledor
BSB Noble on Dragon
Noble on Dragon
Dragon Mage
Dragon Mage

Leaving you with about 1700points to spend if you so wished (including 700points on Dragon Princes on Horseback if you so wish).
Um, unless I'm doing my math wrong, thats about 1350 pts of Heroes without any extra equipment for any of them. You're only allowed 1k worth of heroes at 4k points.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-11, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Vaz

In the rules I;ve made for Imrik, Nobles and Dragon Mages on Dragons can be taken as rare, 1-3 per slot.

@ Daemon Prince - thank you for the Rep. Caledor is one of my favourite books, close to Nagash the Sorceror. But yes, I didn't want to make Imrik untargetable by mounts should he end up on foot for whatever reason.

@Orochi - I want to keep him at the level he currently is. 745 has a nice ring to it; available at 3K, and with a few points knocked off to seem like a 99p item in a Poundshop. And Dragon Princes as core - eh, they're still Princes; and it is made clear that without supporting infantry, Dragons were fairly easy to bring down. The Silver Helms are nobles as well, so I'm fairly happy with how they are though. So thanks, but respecfully no.

Quote:

Last edited by Vaz; 05-13-11 at 12:39 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion > WFB Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode