My homebrew Doombull, Grak'Thor the Bloodmonger - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

Default My homebrew Doombull, Grak'Thor the Bloodmonger

The Carnage King, The blood monger, The herd slayer

M:6
WS:6
BS: 2
S:6
T:5
W:5
I:5
A:6
LD:7
Special rules: Frenzy, Impact hits (D3), Bloodstained fury, Relentless attacker, Insane

Eqipment: Gnarled hide, Many limbed fiend, Bloodslicked armor, Axe of the carnage king,

Bloodstained fury: Such is Grak'thor's monumental bloodlust that he will tolerate no creature other than his equally blood crazed progeny is his presence, as a result Grak'Thor may never join, or be within 3" of a unit that is not Minotaurs, Gorebulls, or a Doombull. If a friendly non Minotaur unit flees or comes into contact with Grak'thor through any means he immediatly makes his full attacks against the unit. These attacks benefit from the Axe of the Carnage king

Relentless attacker: Grak'Thor is a unstoppable force of carnage upon the field of battle, when Grak'thor makes a succesful charge, he inflicts an additonal impact hit, in addition he may never hit an opponent on worse than a 4+, based on weapon skill, if a magic item would make this worse, then it is permitted.

Insane: Grak'thor can never lose his frenzy, nor can a unit of Minotaurs he has joined. However due to his incredible blood-mongering Grak'Thor must take a leadership test at the start of the close combat phase if not in combat, if the test is failed, he makes an immediate attack on any model in base contact. This attack benefits from the Axe of the Carnage king

Axe of the Carnage king: This axe is a great weapon, for every wound Grak'Thor inflicts in close combat, he rolls a die, on the roll of a 5+ he regains a wound lost in the battle, alternatively if he is at full wounds, he may gain one attack for every TWO wounds inflicted. Note, these two effects may take place from the same group of attacks. (I.e Grak'Thor has lost one wound, and inflicts three wounds, he regains one wound, and gains one attack) These wounds cannot carry over however. (If Grak'thor was at full wounds and inflicted a single wound, that wound cannot carry over to another combat phase to add attacks or wounds) NOTE: This does NOT affect stomp attacks or Impact hits

Bloodslicked Armor: Grak'Thors's armour is daubed with copius amounts of of blood before the battle, the Bloodslicked armour provides a 5+ armour save, in addition if Grak'Thor wins a combat, his unit may choose not to pursue a broken enemy, if this option is chosen, Grak'Thor annoints his armor with yet more blood, making him cause terror.

Unyielding Rage: Grak'Thor's rage is relentless, neither gunshot nor sword blow will slow his advance, to represent this whenever Grak'Thor suffers a wound that did not completely by-pass his armour save he may discount the wound on a 5+

Fluff pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.

Last edited by Lord Sven Kittyclaw; 10-05-10 at 03:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 02:19 AM

That character sounds like it would cause a tonne of destruction, I think some people might think that some of the things you choose like together make it almost impossible to beat you, but it looks good to me.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Eastern Potent

Haha, not really, no ward save and not so good armor means that a lucky shot will take him down, or even a character.

Quote:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 02:35 AM

Why don't you give him a ward save and/or better armor then so that a character or just one lucky shot won't be able to take him down? Then he would be a beast! :D
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 02:43 AM
Dark Knight

sybarite's Flag is: Australia

there is only 2 thing l see that can be taken badly,

1. Bloodstained fury:
or be within 3" of a unit that is not Minotaurs, Gorebulls, or a Doombull. now what whould happen if a unit under a froce move (aka though a spell or fleeing) is within 3" of him?

2.Axe of the Carnage king
Getting one wound back each time is bit to much l whould say roll a dice of each wound and on a 5+ he get the wound or if he is at full the attack. because my guess is he also has tunderstomp which whould mean he gets 2d6 S:6 hits on the trun you charge and on top of your normal attacks is a bit over kill (agiest most inf that is 10 people dead on avrage the trun he charges on and if he is in a unit of minos he may still have full wounds meaning he now gets an extra 5 attacks)

My Chaos Army
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...m/P1060039.jpg you can see them all in the the heresy gallery under WoC
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery
~desu
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
Eastern Potent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
there is only 2 thing l see that can be taken badly,

1. Bloodstained fury:
or be within 3" of a unit that is not Minotaurs, Gorebulls, or a Doombull. now what whould happen if a unit under a froce move (aka though a spell or fleeing) is within 3" of him?

2.Axe of the Carnage king
Getting one wound back each time is bit to much l whould say roll a dice of each wound and on a 5+ he get the wound or if he is at full the attack. because my guess is he also has tunderstomp which whould mean he gets 2d6 S:6 hits on the trun you charge and on top of your normal attacks is a bit over kill (agiest most inf that is 10 people dead on avrage the trun he charges on and if he is in a unit of minos he may still have full wounds meaning he now gets an extra 5 attacks)

All good points, I already thought of the first one, and good Idea, I will incorporate the second. For the Bloodstained fury, I thought this, if a unit ever flees, or through any other means comes into contact with Grak'Thors unit, he immediatly makes his attacks against the unit, the unit then flees through Grak'Thor as normal.

Changes have been made

Quote:
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 03:14 AM
Dark Knight

sybarite's Flag is: Australia

cool that means on adv on the trun he charges he will get back around 4 wounds also fixs the whole movment thing

My Chaos Army
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...m/P1060039.jpg you can see them all in the the heresy gallery under WoC
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery
~desu
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Eastern Potent

Actually no, I think im going to change one last thing, the axe does not affect stomp attacks or impact hits. and I think that should just about clear him up

Quote:
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Eastern Potent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntiegirl View Post
Why don't you give him a ward save and/or better armor then so that a character or just one lucky shot won't be able to take him down? Then he would be a beast! :D

Well the reason for that is, I dont want to just make an uber character, it wouldnt be fun, I think he is fine as is, he will take some experimenting to be sure, but it would be kind of pointless to just make him the best at everything

Quote:
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-10, 06:28 PM

That is very true. Well with the new improvements you made, I am sure he will be just fine. Try using him in a game and let me know how it goes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion > WFB Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode