a new Warhammer Fantasy Battle Army... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-09, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Default a new Warhammer Fantasy Battle Army...

...emerges from the Oceans. Behold, the Nauticans !

The Nautican Army has been updated to draft 3.0, main changes:-
  • - new Army Wide Special "Sea Creature Origins" rule
    - new units (Interceptors, Coral Hunters, Crest Riders, Tripoon)
    - new special character (Vortex) + other character tweaks
    - new character "mounts" (Royal Chariot, The Eternal Wave, The Great White Titan)
    - tweaks to existing magic and several new magic items
    - removal of undead mariners & undead characters

Current status : working on background fluff, sourcing suitable models and a draft 3.0 pdf.

We could really use some help playtesting. If you're interested then just play a game and send me the feedback (or even better a battle report which we can publish on the Nautican site).

Note: the Nautican Army is completely unofficial and not endorsed by Games Workshop, it is however great fun fielding this army in Warhammer Fantasy Battles !

PS. This project is absolutely not for profit, it's just great fun ! Once the Warhammer Community agrees we have a nice balanced army it will be turned into a free pdf download for anyone who wants to try it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-09, 04:16 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's an interesting concept. I'm currently quite busy, but should I get an opportunity, I'd be happy to playtest it for you.

First impressions are rather good - I've actually had a read at it before.

There are a few things though - such as the layout. The current design of the 7th edition books are rather good.

For example, Zharc, and special characters need a bit of work over how they are written - they are written rather convolutedly, and the Special Rules aren't listed out in an orderly fashion.

I might be able to knock up some Templates for Publisher 2007 if you wish to use that? I've currently got project running (albeit for 40K) that is a new codex, and I'd be willing to put that aside for a couple of hours while I get the basics ready for you, then all that's left is for you to put in the information?

Looks good though - I like the idea of the Eternal Wave though, and Vortex. Fluffy and neatly done, although I reckon that they could do with a slight boost in power somewhat, to bring them in line with todays power armies.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-09, 04:29 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think this might be better suited to Fantasy Homebrew section of the forum, and at the very least General Fantasy. Have you got some models you wish to share Franz? It looks a very interesting concept.

/EDIT: I've moved it for you squeek for you to decide where best it goes. If you've got some of the actual models worked on Franz, I suggest you start another thread in Project Logs again as that's where to put modelling logs.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-09, 04:45 PM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

As a guy with way too much free time, I'll offer to playtest. Where do I find said rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion > WFB Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode